A Sunny Afternoon with Mummy

Hey all! I'm sorry that I haven't updated this book in so long; school has kept me quite busy. I will hopefully be updating a lot during quarantine so expect to see some new chapters. I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy. Hopefully I'm not too rusty and you guys enjoy this chapter! Please vote and comment if you do, I love hearing from you. 

The sun crept in the small crack between his curtains, allowing a golden hue to emminate throughout the small room. Louis sat up with a small yawn, stretching his arms and enjoying the warmth that flooded in. It wasn't often that Louis got to wake up in his childhood bedroom, surrounded by the happy memories of his adolescent past. Louis eventually dragged himself form his burrow and slid on a pair of sweats, tummy grumbling at the strong smell of bacon wafting through the door. How he loved being home among his doting mother Johannah. 

"Good morning baby" she chirped, pulling him into a warm embrace once he made his way down to the kitchen. She kissed his forehead and grinned. It wasn't often she got to see her oldest child and being able to hold him in her arms was just everything. "Lottie and the kids went on a trip to the creek; I'd have woken you up but I figured you needed the sleep. My little rock star." 

Louis blushed in response; his mother's gushing never failed to make him feel like a child. In some ways he loved this, able to feel safe and protected against the harsh realities of the outside world that he was so exposed to at work. At the same time, however, it often made him cringe in embarrassment. He WAS a full grown man essentially and he had his own flat and income to prove it. 

Nevertheless, Johannah continued to dote, and Louis continued to blush and offer sheepish smiles in return. The pair got on for the next hour talking about everything under the sun. Louis had plans to adopt a puppy, Johannah had just planted some fresh turnips in her garden, due to sprout in the coming weeks, and Louis had four new tattoos. No surprise there. 

Eventually the conversation turned to his next leg of tour, and Louis filled her in on all of the preparation that needed to be done. "Yes dear, I do remember you mentioning an update physical, not to worry, I know someone." Louis' eyes widened a bit in panic. quickly trying to talk his mother out of what he KNEW was coming next. "Mum, really, I'll just book an appointment with my doctor here, it no big deal." he offered quickly, already embarrassed about the direction of this conversation.

"You don't have a doctor Louis, we've talked about this." Johannah started sternly, motioning for her son to finish his breakfast and relax, "You have a pediatrician." Louis reluctantly scooped up his eggs and began to eat, his stomach turning in knots already. "I've been telling you that you need to see a real, big-boy doctor for a long time now. Twenty-two year olds don't see Pediatricians."

"Oh, mum, I know, but I hate the doctors and I'm really fine. Besides, I only have about a week at home so I don't have time to find a new one and set up enough security to actually go into town." Louis reasoned, hoping his mother would drop the topic and let him on with his day. 

But of course, both of them knew that this wasn't going to happen. "Not to worry!" his mother grinned, clearly satisfied with herself for being prepared with her rebuttal, "I know a doctor. Lovely lady. Doctor Noreen Attwood. Lovely lovely lady, lovely orchid garden as well. Really." 

Louis rolled his eyes lazily as his always cheery mother droned on about her doctor friend and how her hedges were always perfectly pruned. Louis knew there was no getting out of this, and he only prayed that she was as LOVELY as his mother described. Doctors made Louis nervous. "Anyhow, she does house calls and is available today, I already asked. Just needs a time and a place!"

Louis finished his eggs and rinsed off his plate, setting it in the sink with the rest of the utensils. He was getting grumpy at this point, dreading the idea of some random woman his mother knows giving him a physical exam. "Thats great mum. Give her our house number and tell her two months."