Chapter 10

"(...)

Coffee is very good. How people don't like it? It's very tasty. Slightly bitter, sweet. I really like it. It gives energy, it gives me that thing, that thing to write and think. Thanks to it, I can think about something deeper. – Coffee

(...)"

(L.T.Y) A.E.N.T (No.18) 

C.L.X

Izuku's P.O.V

________________________________

But now, I was more than tried. But I felt peaceful too.

"Hello, can I have that espresso for 115,87 yen?" 

________________________________

Woman looked at me like almost every adult look at child and smiled. Ok, I know I look like a kid, I have green hair, childish face and I'm not that tall but please, I'm not stupid kid.

"Are you old enough to drink coffee? Kiddo? Shouldn't you be in your house, in your probably cute, little bed, sleeping? You know, it's five o'clock in the morning, at this time, there are usually some homeless people buying the cheapest coffee. But you?" She chuckled, took money and started making coffee. "All black, kiddo? Do you really want espresso? Isn't it too strong for you?"

I didn't know what to say. She looked like a typical 20-year-old that-girl-who-was-mean-in-high-school-but-now-has-no-money-to-flex. She didn't have any make up, so her freckles, really sunken eyes and some pimples could be seen. But well, I can't say I feel comfortable. I really don't like talking to others since some time. Now, when I talk to someone, I feel very awkward.

"I drank espresso many times before. It's good and my friend told me you make good one here, so I came." I can't tell her I saw some scene from someone's life and I want to know what went on, can I? No I can't. But I'm in deep bowl if she asks me who that friend is.

"Oh, well I hope you will like it." She handed me a cup and walked up to group of cats "Oi! Kanpai! Don't touch these books!"

'Kanpai'? Doesn't 'kanpai' means 'cheers'? Like, during toast drinks?

"Oh, doesn't 'Kanpai' means cheers?" I asked walking up to group of cats and kittens in the other corner of the Cafe. I took one of the cats and started to pet it. It's fur is very soft. 

"Yeah, it means. He was born during New Year's Eve. Like Otsuka- the one you are holding now. Her name is Otsukare. I know that Otsukare and Kanpai are shortcuts to phrases that are quite often used, but they were the best names we could come up with for them that night." She giggled. "Adding the fact, that many people who were here, were giving us ideas for names and then everyone voted." She patted one of the cats. It was white with black diamond-like shapes on it's ears. "What's your name? I didn't see you before in this part of town. And why are you dressed like a doctor? You are so small."