Chapter 10

To say I am anxious about the family gathering tonight would be an understatement. I am terrified something will go wrong. I am afraid Kader's parents will not approve of me, not that it could change anything, and the stars have chosen me for Kader. There is not anything they could do to change that. Although it does not mean they have to like me or accept me. I remember my grandparents, my father's parents they did not like my mother in the least. I do not understand completely why and my mother never speaks about them.

Though I do have some fond memories of me and my grandparents spending time together, unlike how they treated my mother, they treated me like family. I know they loved me. They died before I came of age for mating, my grandfather first and a month later my grandmother. It is said that losing your mate is so painful and hard most mates cannot live on or long after their other half dies.

There have been times I have wondered whether they would have been supporting and loving through my difficult mate-less years. Would they have stood by me like my mother or shun me like father did? I also wonder now that I have Kader will my father and our relationship stay the same or will he finally accept me and love me? So many things have changed within a single day, but many things still feel the same.  I shake my head in the attempt to get rid of anymore negative thoughts. I need to forget about the past and begin to focus on my future with Kader. Now my next big problem is deciding what to wear when I meet his parents. I have about three hours before me and my mother will leave for the Alphas house to have dinner with my family and Kader's.  I of course wish to make a good impression, so I should not wear a bright dress, but I do not think a mute color will do either. Oh stars I do not know which dress to wear. None of my dresses seem suitable enough for this occasion.

"Azalea, dear are you finished dressing? I need to begin doing your hair; we do not have much time before we have to leave. 

"I am not ready yet mother. I do not know what to wear. Everything I have just is not right for meeting Kader's parents tonight."

My mother opens my door and comes rushing in. "Excuse me young lady, I have made every last one of your dresses and if I do say so myself they are all appropriate and magnificent."

"Oh, no that is not what I meant mother. I was not saying your dresses are anything less than perfection, but I- I just want everything to go right tonight. I want Kader's parents to like me and accept me."  I release the built up breath I have been accumulating from the stress of my situation.

"My Azalea a dress is not going to make Kader's parents accept you. Only you being yourself are going to accomplish that." I think on what she had said as she sits next to me and runs your fingers through my hair lovingly.

"Mother I am afraid that if they do not accept me then it will only put more burdens on me and Kader's relationship. We already have so much responsibility and expectations on our shoulders. We do not need to add Kader's parents hating me to our long list."

My mother frowns and sighs but she continues to pet my hair. "It is very difficult having your mates parents dislike you, but I have no doubts that if you show them the real you they will have no choice but to love and accept you. Even if by chance they do not I believe Kader will not let that affect your relationship, if you have faith in him."

'If I have complete faith in him.' I silently think to myself.

.....................................................................................................................

It did not take long before it was time to head to my father's cabin, the alphas cabin. It has been almost two years since I have step foot into the place that once was my home. I was born there, though I do not remember it. So I should have a connection to it, but I don't feel anything as it comes into my view.