Chapter 12

Kader was on my mind all night, I could not sleep without his scent, voice, touch, and kiss from my mind and senses. I keep replaying the past night events in my head over and over, hoping that I may make sense of everything. However the more I replay the scene in my mind the more confusing they become. What is Kader hiding from me? Why did he really kiss me? What is going on with our mate ship, with our future? I wanted more than anything to ask Kader all of my questions and express my fears, but I could not bring myself to. I do not know if it was because I am still getting to know Kader and feel comfortable with him or I am just so used to not expressing myself to anyone but my mother.

The sun rose a few hours ago and yet I rather stay in my bed and never leave. However I knew this was not an option for me, I had too much to do, and prepare for. I still had to learn more about Kader's star sign and then make pottery, sew linens, and my mother wanted me to go into the village with her to pick up more fabric.

I closed my eyes not really wanting to think of all the tasked I had to accomplish in only 9 days. I take a few deep breaths to clear my head and try to stop the anxious butterflies that were swarming in my stomach. I truly thought receiving my mate would fix all my problems and make me feel some sense of peace. This is not the case at all. I feel even more out of place and confused about my life and future. I wanted so badly to ask Kader about what our father's had said, but I knew it was not my place to push.

I finally decided to get out of bed and head to the stream to bath, mother will be up soon and I want to just get today over with. I have a sense that today is going to be just as trying as yesterday. The only good part is I do not have to face my father or the rest of my family, at least I pray to the Stars I do not have to.

The air was crisp and cool as I walked out of my cottage and toward the stream. Perhaps the best part of autumn was the weather. The temperature was just right for me and the coolness made me feel at ease and comforted. After following the curved path some ways, I finally made it to the stream, thankfully the water was at a slow steady pace.

The steam water was cooler than I expected this morning but it was refreshing and helped me relax a bit. While I was wadding in the water I felt a sense of déjà vu settle in, yes I have bathed in this stream countless times. However, I don't think that is why I felt as if I've been here before, I look at the trees trying to hold onto this feeling and try to place when and where I have felt this way and place before. Moments pass by and I begin to shiver, then I realize why, at first the realization puts a smile on my face and then my mood turns somber, I had forgotten what today was...

"Azalea!" my mother's call interrupts my somber thoughts. She started me really, I hurry and jump out of the stream, I quickly put on my robe and head home. I guess my dark thoughts will have to wait till I can be alone.

As I head home I am curious if my mother will bring up the last night's events. I mean she must know more than I do. Although I doubt she would tell me unless she thought it to be important.

As I got inside, I noticed my mother was all business today, she was bustling around the house trying to find everything I needed to prepare my future household. I got dressed quickly in a simple but comfortable white cotton dress that fell past my knees, and had small yellow daisy on the hem. I went into the kitchen to make breakfast when I my eyes were met with a mountain of fabric on the kitchen table. I was not too sure the table was even still there. Then my mother rushes in with her arms overflowing with more fabric.

"Here Azalea take these and place them on the table". I look my mother wide eyed, I could barely see the top of her head. I swiftly take some fabric from her and add it to the mountain on the table. "Mother do you really think I am going to need this much?" I crunched my forehead in concern, I really don't think I will nearly half of this much fabric.