Chapter:19

I wasn't being paranoid when I felt someone was in the walk in closet yesterday. Brother Damon was there. He took my backpack.

Without my permission!

How dare he!

"Damon, can you please show us what we found there?" Brother Dominic asked him.

Brother Dominic's unnecessary politeness was making me annoyed. And what is there in my backpack?

"After I caught Nancy, I found out that Grace had a present for Damon. And I asked him to get it himself. Because I know he would love it so much." Brother Dominic explained.

Present? I have a present for brother Damon?

What is going on here? I looked at brother Damon from the floor I was sitting on. He looked at me. He looked guilty. He was looking at me like he was in some unbearable pain.

"What.. what is there in my backpack?" I asked brother Dylan, confused.

"You will see, doll." He said while giving me a small peck on my forehead.

Doll.. doll.. he called me doll..

"And you, Dylan." He turned toward brother Dylan and pointed a finger at him. "No calling her doll till I say, got it?"

What did I miss?

"Damon, explain what that is." Brother Dominic ordered.

Then I saw the thing brother Damon was holding. My eyes were blurry due to all the crying. I had to squint my eyes to see clearly.

My name tag..

"It's a name tag. But not some ordinary name tag." He paused to look at me

I looked at him, confused.

"It's the name tag where my sister's name is written and it was written by me... It's my handwriting. I wrote 'Grace' with my unsteady handwriting with so much proud " He said looking at me.

"No! It's not your handwriting!" I shouted.

"It's my handwriting.. Grace." He said my name slowly as if tasting it in his mouth.

It's the first time he called me by my name.

"Now, that doesn't prove anything, right? But still I would like to know what that is, Nancy?" He turned toward Nay Nay.

"That.. that was with her from the time I stole her from the hospital. Her brother named her Grace and I continued calling her Grace. That was with me all the time till.. till I left her on the street, I sent it with her." She said looking at me. She was looking guilty, defeated and what not.

She is lying.. I know it.

"You are lying! I know it. Are they threating you? I know they are threating you. They were hell bent on proving that I was their sister from the start." I shouted.

It's getting clear for me..

"You are our sister!" Brother Damon exclaimed.

"I am not!" I hissed immediately.

All the family members were standing there, ignoring me and were watching the drama unfold. It seems they trust brother Dominic's decisions a lot.

It's getting unbearable. They are getting on my last nerve. I will burst anytime now, I know.

"Where are you going with that, Dominic?" One of this cousin asked.

"Let's see. Though it isn't anything we don't know. But still, Nancy tell us, do you know her?" Brother Dominic asked Nay Nay.