Chapter:2 (Edited)

Chapter 2

"Yes, it's definitely gonna be a new start.", Saying that to myself, I pushed through the gate of the orphanage.

I looked around the place. It's a nice place with a small pathway till the office building. They have a school building and a dorm building. The pathway was neatly trimmed and decorated with flowers. They have a big playground where children are playing. They have new playing equipment that they didn't have at my time.

"Where is my Nay Nay? I want to go to her. Take me to her."

I remember my five years old self crying while sitting on that swing that they still have on the left corner of the playground.

"Look at this orphan. She wants to go back to her Nay Nay." Somebody laughed.

"What is an orphan?" I asked with swollen eyes and a runny nose. I looked at those bigger girls in confusion.

"Orphan is someone who is unwanted by everyone. Nobody loves them. Nobody wants them. That's why they leave the orphans here. And you are an orphan. Because your Nay Nay doesn't love you, that's why she left you here. In the orphanage, orphan." One of those girl's said harshly.

Five years old me flinched in horror.

"That's not true!" I shouted at them and started to cry loudly.

I guess that was true after all..

I don't have many memories with the orphanage to waste time at entrance by refreshing them. So, without wasting much time, I walked straight to the office to talk about my stay.

I guess Lydia has already requested my science teacher, Miss Illize, from back there to call here and let them know about my stay. My science teacher, Miss Illize, is an NGO worker and has some great connection around here to not have any problem.

I walked to the front desk lady, who is an young lady maybe at her late 20, Miss Liza, that's her name. I got to know that from her name tag. She was wearing a lot of makeup, had brown hair till her shoulder. The most important thing is I already dislike her as she was giving me vamp vibes, you know.

Still I tried to greet her with all the manners I have.

" Hello, Miss Liza. I am Grace."

"Grace? Grace, what?" She looked completely disinterested while doing something on her phone.

Yeah, I totally dislike her.

"Grace. Only Grace." I chewed the words out of my mouth.

"Ahh.. another orphan"

Remember when I said I dislike her, I am changing my statement. I officially hate her.
"Calm down, G! Calm down. Please try to not strangle her" I wishperd at myself.

"Sorry, did you say something?" She asked while raising her perfectly plucked brows.

"Uhh.. No. I am Grace. I am here to stay. I guess, Miss Illize, already informed you about my stay." I said with a fake smile.

She rolled her eyes at me. Then muttered something under her breath that I couldn't catch but I was sure it was something unpleasant.

"Wait, let me check" I nodded and gave her a pure fake smile and she returned one, similar to mine. But her one was more bitchy.

I turned away from her desk to look around. It is a nice place. I don't remember it to be this polish. I guess they got some great donors.

"Nice place, huh?" I jumped a little as the voice caught me off guard.