Groups of Three

Nobody's POV

"Class, be quiet," Lero Ro demanded, and the loud and noisy classroom immediately became quiet. "We're having a new student in our class today."

A brown-haired boy shyly and awkwardly walked in. His golden-colored eyes sparkled as he talked.

"My name is Bam," he introduced. "It's nice to meet you all." He noticed a blue-haired boy staring back at him. Once the blue-haired boy noticed him staring back, he slightly gave him a smirk.

"Go find a seat, Bam," Lero told him. Bam quickly nodded then went to the back of the classroom and sat down next to a brown-haired girl with big and beautiful auburn colored eyes. 

Even a fool could tell how pretty she was.

"We're going to have a group project," Lero announced. "It would be about what we covered last class. Quickly form a group of three and get started."

Everyone in the classroom immediately stood up and started going around forming groups. Bam could feel the cold sweat dripping off his neck. He never properly socialized before. He was always only with-

"It's hard being new, isn't it?"

He turned to see the blue-haired boy. "I-I guess," he replied. "Especially since I never actually went to school before."

"Oh, you were homeschooled? Why suddenly come to a school as crap like this?"

"I'm actually here to find a childhood friend of mine," Bam smiled. "But of course I'll like to try going to school like everyone else too!"

"Let's be partners," the blue-haired grinned. He offered him his hand, waiting for him to shake on it. "I'm Khun."

Bam happily shook on his hand. "I'm Ba-"

"I already know that."

"Oh right! I already introduced mysel-"

"Now let's find one more partner," Khun said then looked around, glancing at everyone. "Mm... everyone already seems to be in a group. That's a bummer."

"How about that short looking kid eating a banana? He's alone," Bam said, pointing at a dark-haired boy with a grumpy expression chewing on a banana at the corner of the classroom.

Khun's calm expression was replaced by an irritated one. He sighed then brushed his hair backward. "I guess we don't have a choice," he grumbled. He walked up to the dark-haired boy then slammed his hand on the boy's desk to catch his attention. "Rak. Let's partner up."

"Back off, turtle," Rak snarled. "I'M NOT DONE EATING MY BANANA."

"You're not even allowed to eat in class. You look like an alligator choking on one too," Khun remarked.

"Is your name Rak? Good morning! Let's team up! If you don't team up, you would fail," Bam said worriedly.

"Who's this black turtle?" Rak asked.

"I'm Bam!" Bam cheerfully and innocently replied.

He's a complete airhead..., Khun thought then sighed. He turned back to Rak. "I'll buy you a pack of banana-flavored chips if you join us. Deal?"

"I WANT THREE PACKS, BLUE TURTLE!"

Khun could feel his patience running out. He clenched his fists to stop himself from smacking him. "Fine," he said sternly.

"DEAL!"

"Why is he calling us 'turtle'?" Bam whispered to Khun.

"'Cause he is one," Khun murmured. 

He cleared his throat then looked at both Bam and Rak. "Okay, here's the plan. I'll do some research after school today then sort the notes out. Since Bam is new, he wouldn't fully understand what we had been learning. I'll send Bam the stuff then he can edit them and turn it into a powerpoint. I'll take care of everything else."

"Aren't you basically doing everything, then?" Bam asked.

"As long if my grade doesn't drop then it's fine."

"Hey! Blue Turtle! What about me? What do I do? I WANT TO DO SOMETHING!" Rak complained, kicking his legs like a little kid.

"You... can be the group leader," Khun said, faking a wide smile.

"I'M THE BEST LEADER EVER EXISTED IN HISTORY!"

"Yeah, yeah," Khun mumbled, rolling his eyes. He's already regretting teaming up with him.

***

Khun swung his backpack over his shoulder as he walked out of the noisy classroom. He noticed Bam struggling on his way towards the cafeteria. He slightly grinned then tapped his shoulder.

"Oh, hey, Khun," Bam beamed.

"Lost?"

"Yeah... this is embarrassing," Bam said then scratched the back of his neck. "Where's the-"

"Cafeteria? I'll show you," Khun said then started walking. Bam quickly followed him. They soon reached the cafeteria, which was already filled with students from different classes and grades.

"You could eat with me if you want," Khun told him. 

"Really? Thanks!"

"I'll go find a table and wait for you. I bring my own lunch."

Bam nodded then walked off to line up and buy food. As he turned, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oi, watch it."

"I'm sorry!" he said then looked up to see a tall girl with flawless long black-hair which was tied into a ponytail.

"It's fine. Oh, are you new? I'm used to seeing familiar faces, but I've never seen you before," she remarked.

"Yes, today's my first day! I'm Bam," he smiled.

"I'm Yuri. Nice to meet ya," she winked. "Be careful next time, newbie. Not everyone in this school is as nice as me."

He watched as she walked off. He finally got his food then found Khun waiting for him with Rak beside him.

"Rak's joining us?" he asked happily.

"I WANT TO EAT WITH BLACK TURTLE!" Rak demanded, pointing his fork at Bam.

"I want to eat with you too, Rak! I'm happy the three of us are all eating together."

Khun sighed as he rubbed his forehead. He was clearly losing patience from Rak, so he turned his attention back to Bam. "Bam, were you talking to Yuri just now?" he questioned.

"Yeah. She's really cool and nice!"

"She's Endorsi and Anaak's older sister," Khun said. "She's known as the 'Princess' in this school along with her sisters, since their family is so over the top."

"Who's Endorsi? Anaak?"

"Ghost Eyeball Turtle is in our class, but Lizard is a year or two younger," Rak said, crossing his short arms proudly from the names he had given them.

Bam was about to reply, but something caught his attention. It was the familiar blonde-hair and yellow eyes he was searching for.

"R-RACHEL!" he called, standing up from his seat.

The person turned around with widened eyes.

"Bam?" she gasped.