The Next Step

The next morning I woke up feeling good about myself. I felt sexier and like a completely different woman. I stretched myself out in the bed, raising my arms far above my head and pointing my toes as far as I could to stretch my legs too. With a smile, I turned my head to face the man beside me and opened my eyes. Only to find there was no man there. Tom's side of the bed was empty. He was gone.

I spotted the note on the pillow that was his side of the bed and carefully unfolded it, flattening it completely before making sure to read each word carefully.

Good morning darling,

I apologize for not being here when you wake up. I have to chat with Luke about my audition and perhaps arrange another, I’ll be there until lunchtime, maybe a little later. If you’re not at the studio today, stay home, I’ll join you and we can do something of our day. Perhaps even a repeat of yesterday evening.

Have a nice morning,

Tom xxx

PS: Last night was amazing xxx

I hugged the note to my chest and nuzzled the pillow beside me, it still smelt of Tom and it reminded me of the night before. I couldn't stop thinking about how good he'd made me feel, and the way he turned from English gentleman to carnal sex god within moments, made my stomach tighten with need.

I sat up and opened the window beside my bed to stare out across the beautiful view of Hyde Park in my post coital bliss. Wondering what I was to do next, now that my exam was over and done with. I would no longer need to spend every day at the studio so would need something to pass the time. There was no way I would be sitting at home doing nothing all day. I should probably get a job. I thought as I remembered that I was still living off my savings to pay my rent and any other costs involved. I was lucky enough that becoming a teacher meant that Miss Turner no longer required me to pay a yearly fee to her as now I was technically working for her twice a week instead. So it was decided, I'd get a job.

Knowing Tom would be back in just a few hours, I decided to shower and have some breakfast, before plonking myself on the sofa with a cup of tea and a copy of 'The Great Gatsby' hoping the next couple of hours will fly by while I'm reading.

----------

As I'd hoped, time seemed to fly past, I was so engrossed in my book that I almost didn't hear the buzzer sound from the front door. It sounded a second time before I placed my bookmark between the pages and ran for the door, pressing the receiver and asking who was there, hoping it was the only person I really wanted it to be.

"It's Tom! Please let me up, it's freezing out here!" He said down the speaker and I could hear the shiver in his voice. I happily released the lobby door and awaited his arrival. Internally relieved he actually came back. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a tap on the front door. I opened it willingly, and met with the face I hadn't had a chance to see that morning.

"Hi" I whispered, gazing up at Tom through my lashes, a sudden shyness falling over me.

"Hi" he replied, smiling down at me gently. He must have gone home to change because he was now wearing a white tshirt and his black knitted cardigan over the top of a dark pair of jeans. He looked hot.

"You coming in or am I going to have to leave you standing outside my door all day?" I asked playfully, making Tom chuckle and step back into my flat. Merely his presence brought flashbacks of the night before into my head, building up my desire for him again. Once I'd shut the door however, Tom's mood seemed to have changed completely, from happy and bubbly to nervous. Oh no, not again. I thought, remembering the last time he looked at me like that.