Up Your Game

Miss Turner's POV

I was finally able to put my feet up, I didn't know why I bothered with those girls sometimes, they just don't listen. The annual exam was coming up soon too and I was desperate for a male lead to accompany Emma in her dance. As soon as I had finally relaxed onto my sofa, my mobile started ringing. Can I ever catch a break?! I thought to myself. Little did I know though that this time, the phone call would be very worth my while.

"Darcey Turner speaking" I announced into the phone only to be met with a deep male voice.

"Good afternoon Miss Turner. My name is Luke Windsor, am I correct when I say you are the principle of First Position dance school?"

"Indeed you are correct Mr Windsor. But could you possibly get to the point as to what is so important that you are calling me outside of lesson time?"

"Well you see Miss Turner, I have a client who would like to broaden their talents so that they can do more in their career, such as dance numbers and even possibly musicals. I was told that your school produce only the best and I thought to call you straight away"

"By client, I assume you mean an actor?" I asked with slight disgust. The last thing my school needed was a spoilt drama queen who demanded constant attention.

"Yes" Luke responded nervously. "But he will be willing to put all his effort in to show you he's worthy of your time" he added, sounding desperate now. Suddenly I froze when I clicked at what he said.. "he will be" Luke's client is male! Just what I need right now!

"And what is his name?" I asked, curious.

"Thomas Hiddleston, but he prefers to be called Tom"

"Ok, we have a deal. Send him down on Thursday evening, I only have one student that night and she will be the one mentoring him anyway"

"Thank you Miss Turner, pleasure doing business with you" I could hear the smile in Luke's voice.

"No Mr Windsor.. The pleasure is all mine"

---------------

Luke's POV

"I'm doing what?! Please repeat that Luke, I'm not quite sure I heard you correctly!" Tom shouted down the phone.

"Dance lessons Tom. You heard me right" I replied as calmly as I could. If Tom was in the same room as me right now, he probably would have strangled me. So I might have gone behind his back again and organised something he never agreed to do in the first place, but he had been telling me for weeks he needed to improve his CV, do different things. Although he loved it, Tom didn't want to play the bad guy for the rest of his life.

"I can already dance Luke!" Voice still raised. I decided to tread lightly around the subject.

"Yes, with moves you have made up yourself to please your fans, but this dancing will allow you to not only perform on stage more, you could also be able to audition for musical films... broaden you skillset... Up your game. All the male actors are doing it nowadays" there was a long pause at Tom's end of the phone, a worryingly long one. Just as I was about to double check he was still there, he finally spoke again.

"Fine" he sighed, his voice a lot calmer now. "But I'm only doing this for my career. And I swear to the gods if Chris or Benedict find out-"

"They won't find out Tom. I promise." I interrupted. "Any more questions before I let you go?" I asked, fearing for my life that might just fire me on the spot.

"What kind of dancing am I going to be doing?"

"Umm all different kinds, ballet mainly though, to help with your posture and turnout, at least that's what the teacher said" I said quietly, expecting exactly the reaction I got.

"Ballet?! Fucking hell Luke! Not only am I taking lessons, I'm learning to prance around a stage like a plonker! Brilliant" I chuckled at his final comment and reassured him that he would not look like a "plonker" if he actually put some effort into it. Then told him to have a glass of Jameson and then head to bed. He needed to rest up for Thursday night.