A New Student

Sweat dripped from every part of my body as I threw myself around the room, leaping and turning with all the energy I had left. I was just finishing up my one to one lesson of the day with my section of the dance routine, Miss Turner and I had choreographed together. All I needed now was a male part to seal the deal.

As I made my way into the final few bars of the dance, I heard the front door shut and Miss Turner ran to greet whoever had come through the door. As the music ended and I landed in my final position, they both walked back through the curtains, revealing the new stranger.

He was different to any male dancer I'd seen before, he wasn't built exactly as I had expected but he did look very familiar, perhaps I'd seen him in a ballet no too long ago. Miss Turner had a bright smile on her face as she brought the man over to introduce us. His hair was a light brown, styled in a messy curly state, his beard was well trimmed surrounding his mouth and defined his sharp jaw line. He was wearing a very tight blue tshirt that clung to him in all the right places, showing off every ab and muscle any woman would be happy to see, I must admit, seeing his body like that did make me feel a little hotter than I had after I'd finished my dance and he did indeed cause my breathing to speed up a little. However, despite all of the features I had just pointed out, what drew me to him the most was those piercing blue eyes that seemed to take my breath away. They were gorgeous!

"Tom, this is Emma, she is the one I told you about, not only will she be your mentor over the next few months, she will be your dance partner too" Tom took my hand in his and leant down, pressing his lips to my knuckles and kissing them gently, leaving me with a smile and bright red cheeks.

"Emma, this is Tom Hiddleston, he wants to learn the art of ballet so that he can further his career, not only will you teach him how to dance, he will also be your dance partner for your exam" Miss Turner added cheerfully. I however was not so happy.

"I'm sorry, Tom Hiddleston. The actor?" I asked bluntly. He was not even close to a professional level of dancer he had no dance experience whatsoever! And Miss Turner expected me to pass my exam with him?!

"Yes, that's correct" Tom smiled but then he rolled his eyes as if he was expecting me to suddenly start screaming and fangirling over him. Little did he know what was coming next.

"And you have no professional dance experience at all?" I continued questioning. Tom dropped his smile and shook his head slowly. "I don't mean to be rude Miss Turner, but how do you expect me to pass my exam with a man who has no ballet experience and is a complete amature. There's no way I'll be able to teach him how to dance in the space of two months and pass my exam. I'm sorry but I won't do it." With that I turned on my heels, picked up my kit bag and headed straight for the main door, only to be stopped abruptly by Miss Turner.

"How do you expect to become a dance teacher if you cannot handle tough challenges? Perhaps I under estimated you Emma. Maybe you just aren't ready to start your teacher training." Her words hit me like a freight train. Tears began to fill my eyes, but I managed to blink them back and face her.

"You know that all I want is to teach ballet! Please don't take my dream away from me. I'll do it, but he better be a bloody fast learner" my eyes met Tom's in a glare and I swear I saw him step back a little when our eyes made contact.

"Then I suggest you take my advice and teach Tom. I will help you as much as I can and I know he will help you to pass, he wants this as much as you do" Miss Turner replied and Tom nodded. Tomorrow was going to be a very long day.

------------------

"And that's when you repeat the whole thing to allow you to start on the other foot. Got it?" I asked Tom bluntly. I avoided talking to him as much as I could unless it was about the dance.

"I would have got it if you hadn't have done it so fast! Can you go over the first few steps again?" Tom retorted, I let out an aggravated sigh and moved myself in front of him again. I could feel his eyes on me and when I glanced at him in the mirrors, he averted his gaze to my feet. What a perv.

I really dislike him!

Tom's POV

She was so graceful, the way Emma moved to the music proved how much passion she had for her ballet and it was very inspiring. Despite the clear hate for me, I couldn't help but find her very attractive, her anger was a slight turn on. But I couldn't think about things like that, it was obvious she didn't reciprocate my feelings and I had no chance in hell. So I dropped it and avoided looking at her in that way again. If only she could see me dancing the way I know how, maybe she'd have a bit more faith in me.

She worked me into the ground over the next few hours that day and when it got to lunch time, she packed up her kit and left to grab a bite to eat without me. I decided to have a wander around the building for a while and explore.

I entered the main corridor and came across a showcase full of trophies and photographs. Engraved into the top of the case was First Position Dance School: Producing the best dancers since 1954. So that's why Emma was always pushing herself, she wanted to leave as "one of the best". It was then I caught a glimpse of a photograph from 1991 and there she was Emma at 10 years old smiling proudly with her first ever trophy in her hand, with the caption "our youngest student to ever win a trophy". I smiled at the photograph and headed back to the studio when I heard Emma's footsteps as she came back with her lunch. I decided to eat well and build my energy back up, it was a good job really, because as soon as lunch was over, we were right back into it again.