Eureka!

"Step, chassé, pas de bourre and leap! Yes! I think you have finally got it Tom, that was the best you've done it so far!" I yelled out as Tom finished the routine with no faults. Suddenly I felt the major need to celebrate and launched myself at him luckily, much to my relief, he caught me before I fell face first onto the floor.

Not long after he caught me though, his legs collapsed and we fell into a heap on the floor in a giggling mess. I tried to get up, but Tom's arms wrapped tighter around me and pulling me closer. Instead of trying to pull away like I normally did, I decided to give in and hug him back, he did deserve it after all. Plus I quite enjoy his scent (even if he is quite sweaty).

Minutes later, I was still giggling into his chest at our clumsiness, Tom on the other hand had stopped and I only seemed to notice when his grip loosened on me.

"Sorry, I thought you'd be able to take my weight" I announced a little breathless.

"It's alright darling" Tom replied, clearing his throat. "I normally would have been able to hold on but I was so worn out from the dance, my knees just couldn't take anymore" he finally let me go and I rolled myself off of him and onto the floor next to where he layed. "I can't believe I did it all though!" Tom added, breaking the silence and causing me to grin from ear to ear.

"Yes! All you have to learn is the final lift now and we're done! All ready for the exam" I pushed myself up off the floor and began to gather my things together to finish for the evening, and Tom did the same.

It had been quiet for several minutes when Tom suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, my hands planting themselves onto his chest as our bodies crashed together. He stared down at me for a moment, our eyes not leaving one another's and I swear for a second, I noticed something different about Tom's. They had grown darker, his pupils dilated to the point all the blue in his eyes had almost disappeared. For a moment it felt so right.

"It's our day off tomorrow Em, let me take you out tomorrow night, my little treat to say thank you for all your help" he announced pulling himself away from me. A little disappointed with the outcome of what had just happened, I smiled and nodded.

"I'd like that Tom. What did you have in mind?" I asked curiously.

"That would be telling darling" He answered with a wink, before turning away to pack up the rest of his things. Once he was finished he met me at the door and placed a small kiss onto my cheek, he pulled away slightly, letting his lips linger near my ear. I let out a breath I didn't even realised I was holding when I suddenly felt his hot breath on my ear.

"I'll pick you up at five" he whispered, his voice an octave lower than normal, making me shiver. With that he left and I was left alone, wondering what the hell just happened?!

-----------------------

Once I'd locked up the studio, I raced home and jumped in the bath, getting rid of all the sweat I'd built up during the day. Once I had rinsed myself off and felt clean I layed back and relaxed, thinking of the events of the day. It was then I started to wonder. Is tomorrow night classed as a date? Tom never specified whether it was or not, he simply said it was his treat to say thank you. Not that I want to go on a date with Tom, because I don't see him in that way, do I? There's no way I have slight feelings for him. But what if I do? I don't even know what I'm supposed to wear!

I jumped out the bath, dried myself off and threw on an old t-shirt and some shorts, before rushing to my phone and bringing up my messages.

Please tell me what we're doing tomorrow? - Em

I hit send. Not a minute later, my phone pinged with a message.

Can't I'm afraid darling. It's a surprise ;) - T x

How do you expect me to know what to wear then?! - Em

A nice, smart dress will do. And let your hair down, I've only ever seen you with it up in a bun! - T x

I could just imagine him laughing to himself at how much he was teasing me, I'd already told him previously how much I hated surprises and now he was using that against me. It began to help me remember why I disliked him so much.

I text back a simple 'ok' along with my address so that he knew where to pick me up from, then went to my bedroom to rummage through my wardrobes to find something to wear for Tom's treat. I don't think I even own a dress!

Fifteen minutes later I emerged from my bedroom, bitterly disappointed with my lack of dresses. The only one I had, I'd worn about four years ago and when I tried it on, I couldn't even zip it up. So I was now frustrated and dress-less. There was only one thing I could do. Call Jess for help.

"Em! Long time now speaky, how's my bestie?" Jess announced as she answered the phone, I could hear Oli in the background trying to control the boys, unsuccessfully.

"Jess I have a major problem! Tom is taking me out tomorrow night and all he's told me is that I have to wear a nice, smart dress and let my hair down. I have NO dress and NO idea what to do!" I rushed to get it all out hoping she wouldn't pick up on the Tom part. I was very wrong.

"What?! You mean like, taking you out on a date? I KNEW you liked him! I told-" I cut her off quickly, knowing exactly what she was about to say.

"No, it's not a date Jess. It's a treat to say thank you for all my help. I've already told you I don't fancy Tom, and I don't plan to either. For starters he's just too frustrating. Like an annoying boy with amazing blue eyes and gorgeous cheek bones that could cut you if you slapped him hard enough" There was a pause and then suddenly Jess burst into laughter, followed swiftly by me. "Ok, fine! I like him a little bit, but honestly Jess this isn't a date, we're going out as friends and I intend to keep it that way"

"Ok, Ok. I believe you.. For now. What help do you need?" I could still hear her sniggering and her tone of voice proved that she still didn't believe a word I said. But I continued, she was the only one I could go to for problems like this, she was practically the sister I never had.

"Can you come shopping with me tomorrow and help me pick something out?" I pleaded.

"Of course I can! I need to drop the boys at school first. How about I pick you up on the way?"

"That would be perfect! Thank you Jess! I owe you" I replied, more excited than I should have been. After all, it wasn't even a date.

"See you tomorrow you nutter! Loveoo!" Then she hung up, leaving me smiling and looking forward to my evening with Tom, more than I should have.