Cold Reserve

Tom and I had been together for two months now, and we'd begun to get into a routine. I'd get up, got to work, Tom would pick me up and we'd spend some time together. Whether it be just a simple walk in the park or a movie at each other's houses. Everything seemed so perfect. However, the media had started to pick up on the fact we were together and every once in a while I'd find my picture displayed on the front page of the local newspaper or magazine. Thankfully Luke would manage to cover up our story every time, until we decided to go public. Tom and I had agreed it was still a little early in the relationship for that.

I was sitting at my desk at home and attempting to answer some emails, but instead I ended up staring at my phone ready for the long awaited text from Tom telling me his flight had landed. He'd been in Italy for interviews and photoshoots for the last week, and I was really looking foreward to seeing him. I'd booked the afternoon off work to go and pick him up from the airport, but it was almost three o'clock and I'd still heard nothing.

It was my land line that caught my attention and I jumped out of my desk chair and hurled myself at the phone hoping it was Tom. I picked it up quickly, practically deafening whoever was on the other end with my hello.

"Wow, somebody is excited to hear my voice! Hello darling" Tom answered tiredly down the phone. The sounds in the background however didn't sound like he was at an airport, in fact there were no sounds in the background.

"Have you just landed?" I asked, cutting straight to the chase. There was a pause at his end of the line and for a moment I thought he'd hung up on me. It was only when I heard him sigh that I stopped myself asking if he was there.

"Actually darling, that's what I was calling about. My flight got cancelled and I have to stay here an extra day. I'm sorry" at least I then understood why it was so quiet in the background, he must have still been in his hotel room. I ran my hand through my hair and rested my head on my hand shaking my head.

"It's ok Tom, you didn't know. But that does mean I won't be able to pick you up from the airport tomorrow. They won't let me take another half day with such short notice." I sighed.

"That's fine sweetheart, I'll get Luke to arrange something. Anyway I have to go so I'll see you tomorrow" He said, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"See you tomorrow Tom. Bye" I hung up. Dissapointed at the outcome of the phone call and that I wouldn't even be home from work when Tom arrived.

---------------

"So did you have a funfilled evening with your man last night Em?" Joy asked with a wink as she placed my mug of tea onto my desk.

"Actually no. His flight got cancelled so he isn't home until this afternoon instead. Thanks for the tea" I replied with a dissapointed chuckle before taking a sip of my tea.

"You're welcome. Where did you say he went again?" she inquired as she read through some emails.

"Italy" I replied looking at the clock and attempting to figure out how long I had until he arrived.

"How lucky! I wonder if he bumped into Tom Hiddleston while he was there?" She said, although part of me thought she was thinking out loud. It was Tom's name that gave her my full attention.

"Why would you think that Joy?" I was curious now. What did she know that I didn't?

"It seems Mr Hiddleston was papped while he was out there. I saw it in my paper this morning on the train. I still have it if you want to read, I didn't know if you were interested in him or not" I nodded. More than you know! I thought to myself at her last statement. She pulled the paper out of her hand bag and dropped it onto the edge of her desk. I picked it up and flicked to the page she said it was on, Bold healdines were the first thing my eyes flicked to, and they weren't particularly something I wanted to see.: