ch. 2 World is crashing apart

"Sit, honey." Rhodey said. He was different than what Tony knew. Other than that Pepper and Steve looked very sad too.

"What's going on?" Tony's voice was already shaking, expecting some bad news.

"Bucky's..." Rhodey started to say but it wasn't easy at all to tell his best friend that his husband was killed.

"No." Tony said shaking his head and knowing it can't be good when they looked like that, "No, no. No no no no." Tony shook head negating it like saying it will prevent it from happening, already having very bad feeling.

"The last action happened to be his last." he finally managed to say it out loud. He tought of different scenarios in his head of how Tony could react but they are there to support him. The rest of the Avengers should be informed by Fury at the moment.

Tony's whole body started shaking. He almost fell. His legs betrayed him. Steve cought him in last second positioning him on a sofa still holding him.

"No! No he is not... My Bucky is not dead. No!" Tony's voice was cracking, tears showing on his face and Steve hugged him. He hold him tight to his chest. Both of them were crying.

Tony was broken. Every part of his body hurt every bone in him felt like it will broke, every organ in him felt like it will explode. Finally, after hard life he had, he found his soulmate and now this happened. Bucky was so good with Tony, he knew him too well, he took care of him like nobody ever could. They really get along. And then... this tragedy happened. He loses Bucky. His Bucky.

*Few days later*

"Tony, it's late. It's night already, we should go." Steve said. He stayed there for Tony after funeral. He was hurt, too. Bucky was his best friend and he felt duty to help Tony in hard moments like this. That is practically Bucky's dying wish.

Tony moved Steve's arms which were around his waist. His eyes were still red from crying. "No Steve, you go. I'll stay here." Tony said.

"Please Tony, we will come tomorrow again. I promise." Steve insisted.

Tony looked one more time at marble slab with engraved golden letters. It was written on it:

James 'Bucky' Stark
1917-2017
Dear husband and friend

"Just let me say goodbye to him." Tony pleaded.

"Okay, I'll wait you in my car." Steve said and Tony nodded so Steve left.

"No, this is not goodbye darling. We will meet again. I will kiss you again one day and you will hold me in your arms like you did when we got married. Oh how happy you were then." Tony took a deep breath to hold back tears and then look at slab again, "You lived hundred years, dumbass." Tony tried to make a little smile and added "I love you 3000." It was something just theirs. Only the two of them could understand. Then he turned around and with one last look left for Steve's car at a parking.

"Stay with me tonight. Please." Tony said silently while Steve was driving.

"I will."