ch. 10 Old roles

Nat moved all of Steve's stuff to his previous room and removed all of their's together pictures.

They took Bucky home and told him that Steve's living here because he lost his apartment in Brooklyn which is truth after all.

Tony went to bed with Bucky, he taught he is exhausted and he'll fall asleep soon so Tony could sneak out to talk with Steve who waited for him but that wasn't the case with Bucky.

"So..." Bucky asked, "Two years. That's a lot. You could already start a new life which I was afraid of - but I see our room is untouched since I left."

"Yeah, uhm..." that's all Tony menaged to say when guilty took over him.

"Did you missed me?"

"Of course I did. See, I still wear our wedding ring." Tony remembered to put it on when he got a call from hospital.

"Oh, I lost mine, together with my arm... We need to get used to a lot of things." Bucky now kissed Tony and went on top of him. "We can fasten the process."

"No, no." Tony moved him back on the bed. "Doctor said you need to rest."

"Fine." Bucky said with disapointment in his voice.

"It's for your well-being, honey. Sleep now. I'm going to finish something and I'll join you." Tony pecks him and left the bed.

He went to the living room and saw Steve waiting for him but he just didn't have strenght for that now.

"Not now, please." He was in tears and visible stress and went on balcony for the fresh air.

When Steve saw him like that his heart broke too, he knew that Tony will have to chose. Him or his best friend. He couldn't let Tony suffer. He needs to bring decision even if it's on his loss. His heartbreak.

He went to the balcony right after Tony and kissed him one last time.

"Goodbye..." Steve said visibly shaking. "I can't let you suffer. Let you choose. Bucky... He was there a long before me. He's your husband and I... I'm just... nothing. Goodbye Tony."

Tony was crying ocean of tears because his heart was broken in two parts. He still loves Bucky. He does. But he loves now Steve too. And he couldn't choose. Maybe it's the best he had none of them, he taught.

"I'll leave tomorrow morning, if that's okay?" Steve said.

Tony just gave him strong hug while crying and said nothing.