ch. 11 Reveal

The next morning

Steve was packing his things because he decided to left. He felt he was third wheel there. Then the box in his pocket took his attention. He took a moment to take a better look at it when someone suddenly entered without even knocking.

"Hey Steve, you know where's Tony?" It was Bucky.

Steve immediately hid the box behind his back and stood still.

"Oh my God! Don't tell me it's a ring!"

"It's not!" Steve said in a lack of words.

"C'mon Steve, I wasn't born yesterday. Let me see. Who is the lucky person after all?" Bucky said very excited for his best friend.

"No one. We broke up." Steve said, left angrily and slammed the door.

Bucky was more confused now but continued looking for Tony who was nowhere around. He searched whole building and even Jarvis couldn't locate him. He haven't answered calls and some of his clothes was missing. Steve was concerned too. If Tony hurt himself in any way, Steve wouldn't forgive himself. But then Steve remembered some place Tony liked to go alone to think about things. He went to look for him there without telling Bucky. It was a lake house out of the town and he found him there.

"Tony..." Steve took him in a strong hug and even kissed him, although it might be wrong, but he was so scared and now so released when he found that Tony's fine.

"I can't Steve... I can't stand it anymore. It's been too much. I can't hurt you nor him. I don't deserve you..." Tony starts crying and Steve offered hug again.

"Hey, I'm ready to sacrifice, but... But I still feel the duty to tell Bucky about us. He feels something's not working and he'll think that you don't love him anymore."

"Yes, he deserves to know... Let's go back to New York. We need to clear this out or it will get worse. Thank you Steve."

***

"Hey." Tony entered his penthouse followed by Steve and saw whole team there.

"Where the fuck were you? We were sick worried." Rhodey asked.

"I umm... sorry guys, can I ask you to leave please. I have something important to do."

Everyone left except Bucky. Tony and Steve sat on the couch opposite of him.

"Bucky... I don't know how to tell this." Tony started. Bucky became pale because he knew it's something bad going on.

"While... while you weren't here... at first, my world was crashed and Steve was there for me every single day. As your best friend I really saw how much you meant to each other. From one day to another, as we spent more and more time together, we..." Tony paused.

"We fell in love." Steve broke the silence.

Bucky stood still, face pale, not a single word, proccesing the information.