The Chosen- Excerpt

Warning: This is mainly a ‘Werewolf’ story plot-wise but it’s also a ‘BoyxBoy’ romance-wise.

Also please note that although this story is in the ‘Werewolf’ category and is marked as a ‘Werewolf’ story in the title, the creatures in the book are not actually werewolves in the mythical sense. It’s a melding of shape shifter and werewolf and something new. So all the usual laws of those myths don’t necessarily apply to them. Just a heads up.

*****************************************************

::EXCERPT::

In the hallway was a sight to behold. A pair of men was standing in the doorway, clearly tipsy and doubled over laughing.

One was very blonde with silver strands catching the light from the lamp nearby. His irises were rings of white that belonged to a wolf, not a human. There was no doubting that this was the Alpha’s son. He was one hundred percent Chosen. His chiseled features were held in high relief as the light bounced off his milky skin. I didn’t think twice about his skin and hair being akin to his wolf’s pelt.

The years had been good to him. He had always been an adorable child but he’d grown into an even more spectacular man. “Orion White,” I muttered smiling to myself. It was nice to see him again. Orion’s head rose at the sound of his name, blinking in a drunken haze.

Now that Orion no longer blocked him from sight, the second man was left in plain view. I took a step back eyes wide. This wasn’t the kid that I’d left behind. Four years couldn’t have possibly been long enough to change him this much.

He wasn’t that lanky, geeky looking teen anymore. Nye had grown. He was tall…and with muscle if you would believe it. His skin was tanned, contrasting with Orion’s. His hair, unlike the long but neat cut it last was, now was shorter and yet less tame. Everything about him seemed less tame for that matter. His cheek was scarred. Undoubtedly by a fight with his Packmates. His hair was a brilliant bronzed-brown. It paled and darkened with the change from moonlight to bulb light as the door closed behind them. I knew I was staring but I couldn’t stop myself.

So much had changed. Even his eyes. His irises glowed with color; two rings of golden-topaz shot with gleaming amber. His chin was sprinkled with stubble that aged him five years and probably allowed him to enter the bar without being carded. I would never have guessed that the man stumbling in front of me was sixteen. A boy only about to turn seventeen in a week. No one would take him for a child; a teenager, a pup, my kiddo. Not with his teasing grin, all too aware of his lure.

Nye was every bit the predator.

 ******************************************** 

This selection is a little later down in the book around the part where Orion, Danyel and Richard (the one who's POV this is in) grow up and are eighteen, seventeen and twenty-two respectively.

The first part of the story shows the guys when they were kids growing up together. When they’re kids, the relationships are pure friendship even though there’s an undertone of something more. Nothing truly serious happens until they’re old enough to handle it.

It’s my first BoyxBoy by the way so I’m toying with it. Some fans asked, I wrote.