The Chosen- Chapter 23

NB: For some reason Wattpad turned this Private so only followers have access to this chapter. Does anyone know how to change it back. It's also Rated R now but I don't mind that. I would have to change it to Rate R soon enough anyways ;) But yeah

:CHAPTER 23:

Danyel's POV

When Tommy said to wait by my window, I hadn't expected him to be planning this. An intervention. I'd been in enough interventions of my own to know one when I saw one. Now that I'd given up my self-destructive behavior, I didn't expect to find myself in one again. To have one lead by Tommy Ackles of all people? That caught me off guard.

He'd come over to the house not long after I'd made it to my room. Not wanting his scent anywhere near my private space, I met him outside when he knocked on the open bedroom door. I knew my wolf must have been bothering him and it was a bitchy thing to do, but I hadn't made any extra effort to shield the animal's presence from him.

The fact that he stayed rooted to that spot to fight for what he thought Richard and I could still have gave him a couple of points in my book. I'd initially threatened to claw him if he didn't leave, but he'd stayed. I could see his underlying fear in his eyes when my clawed hand gripped the door frame near his face. Again, t he remained in place. For that, I let him talk.

Nothing he said made any difference to me, but when I mentioned what happened between me and Richie he froze. He just stood there looking at me as if thinking of a hundred things all at once. Then he got angry. Ordering me to sit at the window and wait, he left the house. I went out of curiosity and nothing else. Tommy was human. He had no power or rank over me. He couldn't actually order me to do anything I didn't want to do.

He was a persuasive bastard. I'd mentally added that to everything else I'd learned about him. I may or may not have looked him up on the internet since meeting him. No one could blame me for being curious. A billionaire with a shitload-and-three-quarters of charm to toss around had followed my mate into the middle of nowhere. I felt knowing something about the guy who aunty was forever inviting over and who was sleeping just next door.

I wanted to see what the big deal was with him. Someone that young with that amount of money had to have some kind of story. Aside from all of that, I knew Asher would have asked me to get a bit of background on the outsider human about to be living in the village for the next few weeks.

It didn't take long to see that this was a terrible move. Reading about Thomas Ackles would give anyone an inferiority complex if they skimmed enough articles or visited his business's website and spotted his net worth.

It wasn't lost on me that I probably now knew more about Tommy than I knew about the Richard who'd come back to visit. I'd made sure I stayed far from any news on Richard. The most I'd accidentally seen was a couple of pictures of the two together and an article mentioning his "impressive almost to the point of being concerning track record with dating."

It didn't take a genius to see that the two had a more-than-friends relationship, but it was a definite turn to see them hanging out together in over a dozen pictures obviously taken by paparazzi. Neither were posing in most of them, but they were a pair of the most photogenic people I'd ever seen. It was always some swank restaurant, or a café that apparently sold champagne in the morning or a trendy club in the city that either attracted the attractive or obviously only allowed certain people in.

I decided that looking up Richard specifically would be an even more terrible idea if looking up Tommy incited that kind of jealousy. That accidental sentence I'd caught about his dating was way more than I needed to know.