The Chosen- Chapter 22

NB:

If you guys want you can re-read the previous chapter to remind yourself what happened before.

There is another chapter uploaded after this one (it's a double upload)

And finally I want to send a special thanks to all of you sent all of your love and support over the past month or so. For those of you who joined the story late, you most likely didn't get the message about my flashdrive/USB getting wiped clean. So I had to spend a lot of time redoing all of my college assignments and then trying to start over a bunch of my stories that I never posted to wattpad as well as all the drafts I did for the current stories. It was hard to bounce back but I'm really glad that so many of you were so supportive and patient.

*side eying the follower who kept nagging me during one of the most stressful moments in my writing*

*side eying reaaal mothereffin hard son*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

::CHAPTER 22::

Richard's POV

For the rest of the evening and the day afterwards, I respected Nye's wishes. We didn't talk to each other, I didn't accept his aunt's invitation to their house for dinner and I kept my distance from him in general.

It had been so much easier to do that when I couldn't see him. But this time I could and it didn't make any difference to him. There was a distinct sense of losing something. It probably had something to do with the finality of it. The chance to fix things was off the table.

It was fine. I was fine. There was a company to co-run. A string of companies for that matter. There were meetings to go to and decisions to be made at every turn that could mean the difference between people keeping or losing their jobs. I didn't have time to be chasing a friendship that was obviously done. I still had Tommy though he'd been getting on my last nerve for the past few hours.

Tommy had been trying to feed me all morning and all afternoon. I didn't tell him that I had a stash of cookies and gummy bears in my room that I'd been living off of for the past day. If he found out about it, I'd have to admit that I'd been avoiding coming outside. He wouldn't accept that I simply wasn't in the mood to. He'd give one of his quietly judging faces where he wouldn't say a word but I knew exactly what he was thinking; this was about Nye.

By evening he barged into my room, confiscated my laptop and banned me from working for the rest of the day.

"Look at you. You're pathetic," he grumbled pulling out the charger from the socket, "If you miss him so much, do something about it."

In a  monotone, I responded, "I tried. Didn't work. I'm done. Whatever. I don't care."

He rolled his eyes and turned on that quietly judging face. I swear he had an endless list of them and each was different from the other. This one was extra judgey. I shrugged, "I'm not moping. I'm just trying to do my job. The job you pay me to do, I should add. Now pass the computer."

"No. You've been working non-stop all day. You're taking a break or so help me, I'll-I'll fire you. Get out of the house. Get some air."

"It's not like there's no air inside," I mumbled under my breath.

"And furthermore, you are moping. You're moping and it's pathetic. You haven't eaten since lunch time yesterday. And have you gotten a whiff of yourself? You haven't showered since yesterday morning."