The Chosen- Chapter 17

::CHAPTER 17::

[One Year Later]

Richard’s POV

“Shit!” I hopped on one foot while rubbing my stubbed toe and trying to brush my teeth at the same time. A glance at the mirror told me that I needed to brush the other half of my hair and that the toothpaste was getting everywhere with all the jumping around that I was doing.

Tommy sat silently on the other side of the room watching sports news on his ostentatious excuse for a TV. It belonged more in a cinema than a dorm room but who was I to complain? “Do you need any help over there?” he tossed over his shoulder. I shot him a look, but he couldn’t see it with his back facing me. “I’ll take that as a no,” he said, plucking a strip of bacon from his bagel sandwich.

Breakfast. Shoot! I still had to get…who am I kidding? At this hour I’ll have to forget about that.

My stomach protested with a very indignant growl. “Gimme that,” I said snatching Tommy’s sandwich from his hands. He turned to complain but fell quiet at my expression. It would seem mean to anyone who wasn't used to us. The lazy fart stole my breakfast all the time because the 'food court is too far'. This was the first and only time I'd ever returned the favor. It was probably why he let me get away with it too. He'd had this coming a long time now.

I rinsed my mouth and gave my hair a half-hearted brush that didn't do much to help the unruly, tufted mess on the right side of my head. Spinning in a circle, I looked for my book bag. “Hanging behind the door,” Tommy called with a forlorn look at his sandwich in my hand. I murmured my thanks before grabbing the bag and heading to the door.

“Richard!”

“What?” I snapped.

“Don’t you think you should put on your other shoe…and maybe some pants?” he suggested, “Not that I mind looking at you in your undies—.”

“Ah crap,” I turned and grabbed my jeans from the bed.

“—it’s just that the teachers might have a problem with it.”

“Shut it, Ackles,” I rolled my eyes and held the paper bag with his sandwich in it between my teeth.

“Fine. Next time I’ll just let you advertise your goodies to the rest of the campus. Bet the seniors would love that.”

“I said shut it,” I forced back a smile.

“I can see it now. Front page of the Daily Wombat. ‘Super Stud Bares All’,” he gave an exaggerated shiver, “What an article. I'm sure they'll get a half-page sized snapshot of you in all your glory.”

“You are a pervert. And I don’t think being in my underwear counts as baring all,” I told him putting on my shoe, “Besides there is nothing that could be in that paper that you haven’t seen before.”

With that, I leaned in to give Tommy what started off as a distracted kiss goodbye. As I was moving away, he grinned against my lips and raised a hand to my neck bringing me closer. Capturing my mouth with the touch of his lips and a sensual flick of his tongue, I caught on to what he wanted.

“Mmm, no no nope,” I pulled away, “I don’t have time for a quickie.”

“There is always time for a quickie,” Tommy said as affronted as if I’d insulted him and his entire family, “Hence the name quickie. Pick up a dictionary once in a while, will you?”

Only Tommy could make me pause when I was this late. “…I don’t think quickie is in the dictionary.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Of course it is. And if it isn’t,” he wiggled his eyebrows. "I’d be happy to give you the definition."