Thirty-Two | "What's Going On..."

"You live here by yourself?" I ask Elliot. It was a studio apartment not too far from where he worked.

He shrugs. "Yeah. It's all I can afford right now."

I nod.

"But let's talk about you. What's going on?" he walks toward his couch and I follow him.

"My uh, my boyfriend doesn't trust me." Saying that out loud hurt me even more.

"Did he tell you that?" Elliot asked.

"Not exactly but, I know he doesn't. There's this secret he's keeping from me and I don't understand why. I would never keep anything from him. Ever." I feel my voice rise and my temper getting shorter by the second.

Elliot runs his fingers through his curls. "Whatever it is, he'll eventually tell you."

I look at him. "You think so?"

Elliot gives a half smile and places his hand on my shoulder. "I know so. You're a great girl Dana. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a reason not to trust you."

He had a point. I never gave Justin a reason not to trust me. I mean, if it was as serious as he's keeping it I should probably back off. At least for now. "You're right."

We sit in silence for a long while. I don't know about Elliot but I was thinking. I needed to fix Justin and I because at the rate we're going, it'll be over in the snap of a finger. Honestly, I didn't want to loose him.

"You wanna go downtown? For like pizza or something?" Elliot asks.

Now that I think about it I actually was hungry. I hadn't eaten all day so I nodded my head in approval.

~*~

"So what do you have planned for Christmas?" Elliot asks.

I try not to let the fact that he was still chewing his food and talking bother me much. I just push a smile and shrug. "I'm not sure yet. I'll probably be with my grandparents again."

He slurps his soda. "What about mom and dad?"

I shift uncomfortably in my seat. I always hated when my parents get brought into conversation. Looking in the opposite direction, I clear my throat and say quietly, "They uh, they died a few years ago."

He pauses and I could feel him staring at me now. "How?"

I look at him and shake my head. "I don't really like talking about it."

He nods sympathetically. "I understand."

"But um, what about you? What do you have planned?"

"I'm thinking about going to visit my family in Pennsylvania."

"Wow, that's far."

"Yeah." he shrugs. "But I have younger siblings I haven't seen in a while. Besides, my mom is paying for the flight."

"How come your family is all the way over there?" I asked.

Elliot chuckles. "I'm suppose to be going to school out here but I kind of dropped out. I figured I needed the job more than school, you know?"

I nod.

After about another fifteen minutes we were finished eating and walking down the street.

"Y'know," I start "it feels good talking to somebody else for a change. I really haven't opened up until recently and I'm glad."

Elliot grins. "I feel the same. Back in Pennsylvania no one liked me and I could never figure out why so I always kept to myself to avoid confrontations. Since I moved to Cali, it seems people are a lot decent and I haven't had much trouble making conversation."

"That's good."

"And just so you know, I'm not like other guys."

I frown. "What do you mean?"

Elliot sips his soda before speaking. "I understand you're in a relationship even if things aren't sweet between you two. I would never take advantage of you and disrespect your relationship by pushing up on you. You're a beautiful girl Dana but, we're just friends. I hope."

I chuckle. "We are friends Elliot. Thank you."

Elliot has to be one of the sweetest guys that I've ever met before. I'm glad I have the opportunity of being his friend.

"I expect us to hang often then." he laughs.

"Yeah of course."

"Hey!" a familiar voice yells.

I turn around and see Justin charging toward us. He grabs a fistful of Elliot's coat and flings him against a store window causing Elliot to drop his drink. "What do you think you're doing with my girl?!"

Elliot shared the same amount of shock on his face as I did. Who the hell did Justin think he was grabbing him like that? His face was red and his vein slightly shown in his forehead. I struggle to peel Justin's fingers from the fabric.

"What is going on?" I glare at him. "You need to get away from him like...now."

"Why? He was walking with you and--"

"He's my friend Justin, fuck. I'm allowed to have friends."

"I'm your friend." he shot.

"Yeah, says the guy who doesn't even trust me." I cross my arms.

"I do trust you. I'm just dealing with a lot of shit right now, okay?"

I look at Elliot who was still being held in Justin's grip looking at both of us with shock still plastered on his face.

Sighing, I say, "You can deal with your shit somewhere else. Just let him go."

Justin stares at me for a few seconds before releasing Elliot.

I grab Elliot's arm and pull him down the street. "C'mon let's go."

I didn't care that Justin was still standing in his same position staring at me in disbelief. He had a lot of growing up to do if this was going to work. If we were going to work.

_______________________

Vote ~ Comment

Short chapter but I'll make it up next chapter. I actually like this one haha. :3

💜💜💜💜 - N.