Twenty-Seven | Traveling

- Dana's POV -

It's been a week since I've left school. I left the day of the showcase. It didn't really matter much because after the showcase we would be going on break. So it wasn't like I was missing out on work.

I've pretty much been laying around and writing new music from time to time. Trying my best not to think about Justin. I wanted to forget him for good. Although he didn't do anything physically wrong to me, like Mark did, he was keeping secrets from me. All I asked was for him to be honest with me but he couldn't. So I left. I bet he's somewhere crying his eyes out and repeatedly telling himself that he was wrong. He should be because he was.

"Knock, knock." a familiar voice says softly.

I roll over and face my bedroom door smiling. "Hey Ryan."

He walks in and sits in the swivel chair at my desk. "You could've told me you left already. I thought we were going to come back home together."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just--- I wasn't feeling okay."

"I understand." He nods. Justin told me about that guy in your music class."

My heart beat quickens when Ryan says his name. "He did?"

"Yeah. I got so mad when he told me but Justin took care of it. He beat him up...badly."

I don't know why, but I'm smiling. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on Justin. I like him more than anyone could imagine and I just need to learn to stop loosing my patience so fast.

"You're smiling." Ryan sat on my bed and nudged me.

"Yep." I twist my mouth to the side. "I think I miss him."

"I think you do too."

I smile but suddenly stop when I come to a realization. "He probably doesn't want to see me though. I told him I hate him. I said things to him that I probably shouldn't have. I didn't mean them. I was just...mad." I stop for a few seconds before jumping up and grabbing my jacket. "Whatever. I have to fix this because I messed it up. I messed us up. I have to go back and see him."

"Uh, Dana. I don't know about that." Ryan shakes his head.

I'm flinging my wild hair into a ponytail and sliding on my boots. "What do you mean?"

"Justin went back to Canada last week."

My heart dropped.

No, scratch that. My whole world dropped. I was speechless at the moment. Canada. Justin went all the way back to Canada. I pissed him off that bad? Was I really that harsh to him? I had a million and one questions that I knew I had no answers for. What the hell was I thinking? What if he never comes back? "This is all my fault."

"I love you Dana but... you're right."

I glare at Ryan. Now wasn't the time for that. Quickly pulling out my phone I scroll through my contacts and hit Justin's name. It dials for a few seconds before I'm being sent to voicemail. Fuck. I pace back and forth for about five minutes. I then pull a sheet of paper from my notebook, get a pen, and give it to Ryan. ""Write Justin's address here. Please."

"Why? Dana you are not--"

"RYAN JUST WRITE IT!!" I scream before getting quiet. "Please."

"Okay, okay." he scribbled a few numbers and letters before handing me the paper. "I gave you the city and everything so you won't get lost. Good luck out there but, I'm not coming with you."

"Good because I didn't ask you to."

I take the suitcase that I never unpacked from my closet and turn to Ryan. "I'll be back...soon."