Twenty-One | Trust

I still can't believe Justin had the audacity to stand up for Bailey instead of me. If he didn't like her in the first place, why would he even care about her? As jealous as this may sound, I think he should date her and not me. Although what he said was messed up, I didn't want to break up with him. We just started dating and I want to give him a chance to redeem himself. I'm not even sure if he wanted to though. It's eight o'clock which means it's been six hours since what happened and he still hasn't texted, called, or knocked on my door. I sigh in frustration and flip through the TV guide looking for a decent movie. Finally deciding on The Great Gatsby I fall back and try to focus on the movie and not Justin. Twenty minutes into it there's a loud knock on my door. I instantly smile, not allowing the loud bang irritate me. I knew Justin would come. Even though it took six hours to, it was okay because I was missing him. A lot. I finger comb my hair quickly, smooth my shirt and open the door. The smile that once shown on my face disappeared.

It was Mark. His hair hung limply over his eyes and the only thing that I could see what his mouth that was formed into a devilish grin.

"Why are you here?" I snap.

Mark steps closer and opens his mouth to speak, the strong scent of liquor rushing past my nose. "I wanted to see you."

"What for?"

"I miss you babe. Tell me what I did to make you hate me." He moves his hair from his eyes, only to let it fall right back down.

"First off, don't call me babe because we were never a thing. Second, you need to leave. You're obviously drunk." I start to close the door but he pushes it open with what seemed like all of his force.

"Just kiss me. Once. That fucktard boyfriend of yours will never know." He grabs my waist and pulls my hips into his, grinding against me forcefully.

I push his chest. "Don't talk about him like that and get off of me!" I screech. The door was still open and I hoped someone was hearing me.

"Just shut up and kiss me Dana. I love you!" Yes, he was drunk. He backed me into a wall and presses his lips against mine. His body was too strong for me pull away from. As he's reaching for the button to my jeans, I pull my knee up and shove it into his groin.

Mark drops to the floor and grabs his crotch. His red cheeks fill with air as he tries to breath and a vein is poking out of his forehead. "You stupid bitch."

I step over him and rush down the hall, not caring that my door was still open. Someone would find Mark and tell the supervisor. I just wanted to get to Justin. I know he was pissed off at me but I wanted to hug him and kiss him and feel safe. I angrily push the button to the elevator and waited. What I saw next was completely heart breaking. I'm pretty sure my heart wouldn't be able to be cured after what I saw. Tears stung my eyes and when I blinked they danced slowly down my cheeks.

Justin stood frozen. His hand still attached to Bailey's room door, one foot still in and the other out. There wasn't anything he could say and there wasn't much that I wanted to say. I stepped onto the elevator and when the doors closed I sank in the corner not caring that dirty shoes have probably been there. My face dropped in my hands and I sobbed quietly.

♛ ♛ ♛

"I don't trust him anymore." My eyes were red from all the crying that I'd been doing. I've never cried over a guy the way I'm crying over Justin. When you start to develop strong feelings for someone and they betray you, the pain is real.

Ryan looked at me quickly before turning back to the road. I rushed to his place and told him what I'd seen and he thought I was best if we took a ride. I looked out the window not seeing much since it was so dark.

"Maybe he was just talking to her." Ryan suggested quietly.

I shook my head refusing to be in denial. "I don't even care. Whatever we had is done. I can't be with someone who I can't trust."

"I'll talk to him Dana."

"No, don't." I close my eyes and frown when the image of Justin walking out of Bailey's room pops in my head. He had the nerve to call me. I turned my phone off so I couldn't hear it anymore.

We sit in silence for a long while and I frown realizing something. "Wait, where are we going?"

Ryan smiles. "I was starting to ask you the same thing."

I let out a small giggle and say, "I think I'm better now. We can go back if you want."

"Nah. Let's get away from there for the night and head home. We can stay at my house and leave in the morning."

"But Ryan, that's almost an hour away. We have class tomorrow."

When Ryan stops at a red light he looks at me and smiles. "So what? You're not okay right now and that's more important than some stupid class."

I smiled, admiring how my best friend cared about me. I owe him so much for being there for me for so long. From some stupid bully stealing my lunch in second grade to helping me feel better about my boyfriend who was possibly cheating on me. We arrived in our neighborhood shortly and Ryan parked his car in his driveway. We get out and rush to his porch, the cold biting at our faces. He unlocks his door and quietly step inside being careful not to wake his parents. The whole house was dark and he grabbed hold of my hand so I wouldn't trip over anything. It didn't help much considering the fact that my leg bumped into the coffee table causing the glass to clatter.

"Careful." he whispers.

We ascended the stairs and finally made it into the room. Without turning on the light I hear him remove his jacket and I do the same. As he's climbing into his bed I follow behind him.

"We'll be here without you having to worry about Justin or Bailey. But, I am going to talk to him tomorrow. You're like a sister to me and I don't want anyone breaking your heart. Besides, I never seen a couple as cute as you two."

I pull the cover over my shoulders and turn over so he wouldn't see me smile. I love Ryan too much.

"Goodnight." he whispers.

"Good night." I say almost inaudible. My eyes close slowly and soon I'm fast asleep. Not thinking about Justin or any other problems I was dealing with at the moment.

_____________________________

~ Vote ~ Comment ~

xoxo 💜💜💜