Twenty | "Go Chill With Her"

2k reads! Thanks guys so much. I hope this story grows and grows :) xoxoxo

"Let's go shopping." I turn to Justin. We were cruising around town in his truck. There was pretty much nothing to do. It was a week since we got back from break which means the showcase was in another two weeks or so. I want to get our outfits before its too late.

"Where?" Justin glances at me before turning back to the road.

"The mall."

"Give me directions." he says. I keep forgetting he's not from around here.

After fifteen minutes, we arrive at Cali's most popular mall.

"Why exactly are we here?" Justin asked in confusion.

"We need outfits for the showcase ."

He groans. "I forgot about that."

"It's not that bad." I nudge him. "We're gonna be cute in our matching outfits."

"We are not wearing matching outfit. Matching colors, yes. Outfits? Hell no."

I laugh. "Fine."

Justin looks at me and smiles as we're walking through the parking lot and into the Macy's entrance. He grabs my hand and our fingers entwine.

"Where to first?" he asks.

"Lets try American Apparel." I suggest. American Apparel has to be one of my favorite stores. Ever. Anything you want, they've got it. They are a little bit expensive but, if you know how to shop you can get pretty good deals.

"I'm going to the guy section to see what they've got." Justin tells me.

I nod casually, going through the racks. Once I start shopping, everyone is pretty much irrelevant. I probably should've asked Justin what colors we were coordinating but we'll discuss that when we meet back up. After what felt like twenty minutes of searching I found nothing. I would expect better from American Apparel. They always have great things. I let out a small sigh and head toward the guy section to find Justin. As coincidental as this sounds, I run into the queen of whores.

Bailey. Her hair is in her famous high, tight ponytail. She was wearing a navy blue crop top, even though it was almost 20 degrees out, skin tight jeans, and black stilettos. Total slut. She also was holding hands with a tall stocky guy with the height of about 6'4. He had blonde shaggy hair and blue eyes. Looking like he was in his early twenties. As soon as she makes eye contact with me, she frowns.

"What are you doing here?" Bailey dramatically flicks her ponytail.

I scoff and try to walk past her but she pushes me back.

"I said what are you doing here?"

The guy holding her hand was enjoying this. His mouth curves into a smirk.

Not wanting to be banned from my favorite store, I once again try to move past her.

"You know what, I'm just going to let you off easy. But don't you think for one second that I forgot about you stealing my boyfriend bitch."

The guy scoffs. "I bet he was a loser anyways." his voice is deep. "Especially if he's dating her."

I squint my eyes extremely taken aback. "You don't even know me."

"Doesn't matter."

I shake my head and as I'm walking away I hear the guy laugh, "What a ho."

I pause. If it's one thing I don't tolerate, it's a guy calling me anything but my name. I clench my fists and breath slowly through my nose. I know how easy it is for me to loose my temper. "What did you call me?"

He releases his hand from Bailey's and gets in my face, leaning down. "I said what a---"

Before he could get the final word out, the sound of an open palm meeting flesh sounded in the store. Heads whipped in our direction and looked around nervously hoping the store manager didn't see what I'd done. It must've been pretty hard because the guy backed up letting out a small noise while holding his now red cheek.

Bailey gasped and put her hand over his. "Oh my gosh, Jason. Are you okay?"

Jason snatched her hand off of his face and stormed away. Before Bailey ran after him she squinted, "You just won't stop will you?"

I shook my head and continued on to my destination. I didn't even have to walk that far because as soon as I was in the men's section, Justin was standing there staring at me. He looked confused yet pissed.

"Did you see that back there?" I jammed my thumb over my shoulder and shook my head.

"Actually I did." Now his face was unreadable.

"Everything?"

"Yep."

"So why didn't you come over and help me out?" I asked.

Justin's face was still blank. "Why'd you smack him?"

"Because he called me a ho." my voice started to increase its volume.

"Okay? He's a jerk, so what? You gotta learn to ignore jackasses. Stop getting mad so easily." He rolls his eyes and walks out of the store.

Was he serious right now? I don't know about him or how he was raised but I never once let anyone talk out of line while talking to me. To get respect you most definitely have to give respect. "So I'm the bad guy?"

"Let's just go back to the campus." he runs his fingers through his hair and licks his lips, walking fast.

I struggle to walk at his fact pace while looking up at him. "No. I want to know how I was wrong."

When we reach the parking lot Justin finally turns to me. "I know Bailey is a pain in the ass but she doesn't deserve to be treated the way you treat her. After all, I did leave her broken hearted."

My eyes widen. "Excuse me?"

He closes his eyes. "Nothing. C'mon let's just go chill or something." He grabs my hand and I pull away dramatically.

"If you care about the slut so much how about you go chill or something with her?" I pull out my cellphone and tap the the dial pad.

"Dana I didn't mean it like that. Look, who are you calling?"

I ignore him and wait for Ryan to answer his phone. "Sorry to bother you Ry. Can you please pick me up from the mall?" When he says yes, I hang up.

"So you're just going to leave?" Justin opens his door but stands looking at me.

I ignore him and cross my arms. After two minutes of silence Justin's still standing there and a part of me wants him to grab me in his arms, kiss me, and apologize for saying something so stupid.

But he doesn't. He slams his car door shut, turns on the engine and drives away.

Leaving me in the middle of the parking lot.

_______________________________

This is a short chapter I understand but, I haven't had time to update and I'm glad that I finally have a chance to. Expect another chapter later tonight! It'll be longer I promise. Also if you haven't read Stay With Me... what're you waiting for?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

xoxo- 💜