Chapter XXX: Ninja Versus Me

Ever eaten a 5-foot long gigantic squid tentacle? No? Then good for you. I never ate one either. I hope I won't have the "priviledge" to eat one either

It started with a scream from Keith in the boat's kitchen. The scream sounded like a kid that got bitten on his butt by a rottweiler. Though, Keith is technically a kid, but I don't want to know what made him scream.

"What was that?" Skye's ears perked up. We we're just having a conversation about Skye's missing Edheros around the dining table.

"Probably Keith getting eaten by a monster," Felix said; eating his Pedigree. "No biggie."

"Funny," Grey - Bernard's Edheros - said from Bernard's lap. "I thought he just screamed 'holy tentacle!'"

"I'll go check him out." Bernard stood up with Grey then they went in the direction of the kitchen door behind me. He went in with Grey behind him and closed it (it had been open when Keith screamed).

"So," Skye continued. "I told you she's not dead."

"I can tell," Elle added. She left Keith once he brought in the gigantic tentacle a few minutes ago. "Sophia is simply lost. Not dead."

"But she's gone for a long time now, right?" I replied. "I mean, when is the last time you saw her?"

"When...we're in the Terranian kingdom..." Skye looked down.

"I'm sure she'll find her way to you. All Edheroses do," Elle encouraged. Though, she said it half-heartedly. I can't read the cheetah's face much.

"Plus, if she is dead," I added. "then you should be like crazy now."

Bernard and Herald had once explained to me that when the Edheros of a weilder dies, either the owner also dies or goes insane. Skye was neither of the two - so far. As far as I understand, Edheroses are like your external spirits, consciousness or whichever.

"Angel," Cynthia suddenly said. I almost forgot about her. She looked she just remembered something that she doesn't want to remember.

"Huh?" Felix's nose went from his dog bowl - which he annoyingly complained about since he's a "pure-bred" wolf (long story) - towards Cynthia's direction.

"Angel," Cynthia repeated like someone pressed a rewind button on her. "My Edheros." She flinched like she just remembered something painful.

Skye looked up only to meet Cynthia's gaze.

I was confused. "What about your-"

"Hold onto something!" Skye shouted as the ship shuddered like we just got hit by a meteor. But it felt more like a dynamite that went off inside the boat. More specifically: The kitchen.

Skye got hold of my hand, - which should've embrassed me, but good thing she did though - Cynthia toppled sideways from her seat (the seats are somewhat "glued" to the floor as well as the tables) and I almost hit my face on the floor, but Skye's grip made it clear I won't be kissing the floor - for now. Skye was still in her chair like her butt is super-glued to the chair.

I felt something cold on the hand Skye was using to hold me. The ring Erin slipped in her finger when Skye was passed out. The ring that glowed and showed the same prophecy on Skye's sword. I suppose I should bring that up later, but as far stuff are looking right now, I think it could wait.

"Err...sorry, Anthony." Skye released my hand and my face smacked on the cold iron floor. At least I think it's Iron.

Having thought of Iron. I somehow felt sick that I just lost my Iron bow, which is my only link to my stolen memories. But I still have that Cloud blade Dan gave me. Plus the Unios bow - still sending white sparks - on the floor next to me. But still, my bow...