Chapter XXVIII: Von Voyage

I held my breath and stood still. It felt like someone just shot me with a massive water gun.

"Hey, Boss," Felix said. "I can breath water!"

I doubted it, but my stomach is hurting so I quickly opened my mouth and inhaled a weird feeling of water. At first, it would feel like you would feel the need to gag it out, but a few seconds later, I'm breathing water like my lungs are giving me a thumbs up on it.

"Sorry," Quincy apologized. "That's how we're supposed to enter the Kingdom via Aquaducts."

That strong spray of water was a flood of water. Turns out, the Aquanian Kingdom really is underwater and right now I'm breathing water. "Special" water was the name Quincy suggested.

Mom quickly closed the big blue door behind her and the suction stopped.

Keith turned purple for holding his breath. Elle was swimming frantically like a wet cat. Actually, she is technically a "wet" cat.

"Calm down you two," Mom commanded.

Keith and Elle stopped then they stood still like they can't believe they're in water. Maybe it's because Firanians hardly get in a swimming pool. But I doubt they don't take baths.

This place looks like an underwater version of a tiny town. I mean, there's a bunch of kids on a bench doing some paper planes (which flew perfectly through the water without crumpling), some old people walking on an underwater sidewalk, and of course a bunch of teens riding some dolphins.

There's people everywhere. And I meant everywhere. Some are swimming on top of us, some are underneath us (the huge rock we came out of is suspended in the water). Some are walking like they're on dry land and some are swimming like they're Aquaman. The people's Edheroses are mostly aquatic animals, but I saw some eagles with some Soranians. They look like they're flying through water.

I know I know, this might not make sense, but that's how my mind interpreted it.

"Home," Cynthia said.

"You three took long," a familiar voice came from on top of us.

We looked up and found Bernard peacefully sitting on top of our rock entrance.

"I was getting worried so I sent your mom and my two bros," Bernard leaped from the rock then he floated infront of us. "Wait, where's Paul?"

"Is the Paul the guy who got chicken eaten-." Felix started, but I stopped him by clamping my hand on his mouth.

"About that," Quincy replied; glaring at Felix. "He sort of got-."

"Fallen in Battle," Bernard finished. "I see..."

"Big bro?" Quincy said. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah, of course," Bernard sniffed. "I-I just got to report it back to the council. 1 Team Member is lost, all three mission points securely retrieved."

I let go of Felix squirming mouth then found myself getting a stare from Skye.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I said to her.

She blinked a few times then she shook her head, "Sorry, lost in thought. I can't believe I'm in the Aquanian Kingdom."

"Bernard," I heard a tiny voice from somewhere then Grey - Bernard's polar bear Edheros - swam out from Bernard's back like he'd been taking a nap there, "I can sense a strong explosion of sadness in your aura."

"I-It's just. Paul is gone. Again?" Bernard looked like he was about to cry, but I don't know if tears are visible here in the Aquanian Kingdom. "I'll just carry on the orders. Anthony, Skye, and Cynthia, you three go with Quincy. Please excuse me."