Chapter XXXI: We Ground Our Boat

Stuff happened. And fast too.

With eyes closed and my back on the boat's cabin door, I suddenly flew forward and rolled under the legs of the she-ninja. The ninja girl looked as stunned as I am.

The cabin door opened and out came Skye muttering about rocks on the door. When she saw the ninja girl infront of her (I was behind her) she just casually said: "Hi, weird person."

I recovered from my unplanned roll and whirled around to face the ninja girl's back. Her back looks scarier than her front. There are dozens of mini-blades, a box that says "trap spikes" and other stuff I can't name (or afraid to name).

"Who are you?" The ninja girl asked; raising her blades.

"Skye Hart, 3rd Cloud Student," Skye recited like someone punched a play button on her.

"Very well," the girl bowed then she faced me, preparing to strike.

"Wait! He's with me!" Skye suddenly exclaimed when she saw me.

"I apologize, miss Hart, but the Japan-Aquanian Sea Patrol only let people who introduced themselves in peace. Either introduce yourself or be killed."

Wait, what? Japan?

"He's the son of Alfrey, Antonius Trace, 3rd Cloud Student!" Skye yelled as the ninja girl continued to advance on me.

The ninja girl ignored her like she doesn't care and I backed up until I was on the edge of the boat.

"W-Wait! I'll introduce myself!" I said.

"Too late, impudent boy," the ninja girl once again raised her blade.

This time, I didn't raise my hands but jumped out of the boat.

I visualized a platform of Temporanian matter just above the waves and I landed on my butt.

Now I think I explained this earlier, but Weilders have natural abilities (if you recall) that doesn't need casters and whatnot. These come in handy, when you need them in a jiffy (As Khael said when he taught me this). For Soranians, Instant Electric fans (strong winds); for aquanians, shower heads (floating spheres of water); for Terranians, rocks hovering(well, duh), for Firanians...well I don't know, but I know mine: Instant blocks of Temporanian matter.

And additional things about all these abilities, that their either for defensive purposes or mobility purposes and they take a lot of energy to do. And I mean't a lot

As I expected, the ninja leaped after me, yelling a battle shout.

I spun my timepiece and did the Cast Tech that I made myself: Dimensional Edge. With a pain in my gut, I remembered my little brother, Kyle. I promised him that I'll teach him this cast when I get back...I hope I do. How long were we gone? 1 and a half weeks? It only felt like a day (Actually, I slept through 1 and a half weeks while trying to get my friends killed). Technically, this is my first conscious day at Bernard's boat.

I visualized the sharpest sword I can muster in my mind. You see, creating dimensional objects is like drawing an outline of them in your mind first, then you think of where you want them to be summoned.

With the casting recoil pain exploding on my arm, I gritted my teeth and summoned a transparent long double-edged sword the size my body.

Here's a disadvantage about non-temporanians (as Erica put it. If you remember her) They can't see a Temporanian object very much unless their blood get's stained on it (which I don't recommend) or they know the person making it pretty well (for some reason). So, as expected, the ninja girl is coming down on me without knowing what I'm doing.