Chapter XLV: The Shadow of Issa

I woke up to something poking my nose. I opened my eyes to see Issa sticking a pen inside my nose.

"Anthony's awake!" She yelled.

I felt like I was on a boat, waves underneath my body, rocking me back and forth. My vision had only cleared enough to realize that I'm on a bed. Issabella leaned closer to my face, near enough for me smell her scent and see the full texture of her face, her bangs dangling just above my face.

"Do you feel fine?" She asked.

I did a mental checkup. "No, I do not feel fine," I croaked. My throat felt like a thousand snails had slithered into it, and my head felt like an Altheanian battlefield. My whole body shuddered. What the heck happened?

"We found you and Erlos on a pile of garbage in the rain. We were worried, you know?"

I tried to sit up, but my back ached like a mother. "Why...do I feel like this?"

Issa thought for a moment before snapping her fingers and saying, "Oh right! I forgot. Felix kind of tackled your body while we carried you up some stairs, then both of you toppled down, crashing and stuff. I'm not gonna be suprised if you got a sprain or two. Hey, stop trying to sit up, okay?"

It was my third attempt on sitting, but I can't seem to do it. It didn't feel like I had anything broken. I can move my body, yes, but it felt stiff and aching.

A door opened and out came Cynthia, looking as passive as ever. She came over my bed and poked my face. "You made us traverse half of London," she said.

"But it was only for a day!" I corrected.

Cynthia pursed her lips. "No, not really. We were out looking for you in this place for three days now. Then Felix caught your scent and saw you and Erlos inside a dumpster."

Issabelle turned to Cynthia. "Did you get the medicine I was talking about?"

Cynthia nodded, taking out a little paper bag, and gave it to Issabelle.

"Open wide, Anthony," she said, opening the small paper bag.

When I failed to open my mouth, Issabelle forced my mouth open and dumped whatever's inside the bag into my mouth. It was like powder. I swallowed it and my stomach instantly felt like it's fire. I groaned.

"W-where's Bernard?" I asked, through a shaky breath. My body felt warm now, as if what I ate expanded through my blood. In a few seconds, my body felt like it's on fire.

"He's looking for Cyrus. Man, the guy must've did something really bad to make Bernard that angry," Issabelle answered.

My ears perked up. "Oh, so h-he hasn't told you guys yet?"

Issabelle and Cynthia shook their heads. So I told them the story, including what I did at Alexis' mansion. I also relayed them that the reason we were in London was because of me.

"And now I'm here in a...room?" My eyes were clearer and when I looked around, I was a bit astonished. It wasn't just a room. It was a big room, carpeted, a big TV, a fridge, a cupboard and a cooker. There were glass panes that revealed a sunny day.

"Where are we?" I demanded.

Issabelle laughed. "I thought you didn't notice, but Bernard is actually a former resident of London. He owns this whole hotel!"

"Anyways, can I talk to you for a minute?" Issa said. Cynthia took the hint and got out.

"Uh, what about?" I asked.