Culture Shock!

I just want to say thank you for reading my first story. I just wanted to include asean culture into the story. Stay safe everyone. Stay at home. Pray and hope this virus be gone. To my fellow healthworkers, be safe, be strong, we will win this battle. Wherever part of the world you all may be!

Second day in the kingdom of horselords. I wonder why time past so slow when you're in a hurry? I find it so hard to wake up late now! I hardly even sleep. I mean it's not the bed. It's not the room. Maybe I'm missing my life's routine. Well, I lay down facing the ceiling and somewhat admiring the paintings of horses. That's when I decided to jump out of bed and went staright to the bathroom and changed into my beige commoner clothing.
I just told myself, "If you want to do something and finish fast, better start right away and go home straight away!"
My princess, are you sick? Enya entered looking shocked and worried. W
I feel good. I'm fine, Enya. Why do you ask? There was a question in my look.
In all my years of serving you, this is the very first and very early time you've risen in bed! Enya teased evily.
It left my mouth wide opened. Sometimes Enya surprised me with her own antics. But I love her. I just ran over to her and tickle her as punishment for saying such a thing. Though I have to admit, what she speak of is true.
She pointed me to sit in front of the dresser to dry off my hair and tie it as tight as she can because today I'm heading towards the field to instruct some agricultural techniques my father has promised to share. The soil has to be conditioned in order for the seeds to strive. So today it will be a dirty, busy, hot, sweaty day. Start now, as I say. So I can come home again.

Enya knows how to fix my hair for every activity I have to deal with. She tied my hair so tight amd high and turn into a bun so that it will not get in my face. I have a very long hair and it's forbidden to be cut not until I am married. It's a tradition that runs in my family. My mother has hair running pass her elbow but mine was longer. My brother would always say that it can be used to mop the entire dining hall. And if Enya doesn't has the talent to do some styling work, I will probably trip all the time.
I remember my father will always make fun of my hair. He will pretend he is strangling himself with it whenever I forgot to tie it all the way up during training. Because I always wake up late but now... Enough now for those reminiscing scenario and back to work.
After thanking Enya, I went through the hall and greeted by Nedaa, one of the horselords servants. She looks surprised seeing a lady wearing an uncommon style rather than the common skirts ladies are supposed to wear in this land. "My lady, the table is ready. Please come with me"

Thank you. What's your name? I asked politely. My name is Nedaa, princess. "What a lovely name. It sounds Arabic. She gave me a puzzled look." Oh, forgive me. I love to read and I once came across a name like yours in an Arabian history book.
No, don't apologise, Princess please. It's just that your kingdom is often mentioned by my grandfather whenever he is telling us a story and we never believed him. But never in my life I would met one and I mean direct royal lineage! "
" Oh, Nedaa. Thank you. Im flattered. truly I am. After hearing this from Nedaa it gives me more drive to make this allegiance work. Then Nedaa gave me a smile and left me in the dining hall. But there was no one there. Well, just my luck. I can eat freely for Im hungry as a bear. I can eat more than I wanted and not even being so modest and formal.
The other servant was standing at the door and offered help which I turned down.
May I serve you with these, Princess? A young lady, maybe around her thirties if Im not mistaken. "No, please if you wished to join me, you may. Which she turned down with a pinch of nervousness in her tone. Then another servant called her so the room was all to myself. That's when I decided to start my buffet!
I helped myself to the freshly baked bread. A hot coffee, some eggs and some meat which I find very odd eating in the morning. After satisfying my hunger, I tidied my plate and took it with me. I was looking for the kitchen to bring it there. Its an asean custom to bring your used plate into the sink specially when your just a visitor. Then I heard servants rushing towards me. "Princess, please let us do that. Its our duty. You should have just called us" Nedaa said.

Oh, its nothing really. Im used to doing this but please there is nothing to be worried of". Thats when I realized our culture are very different, food, clothings. This will not be easy. Then I hand the servants the plate amd went towards the door. And of course, all eyes are fixed upon me and the rest of my men. Paktu greeted me at the stair and he has this gloomy look on his face. So I decided to ask him. "What's wrong, Paktu?"
He stand closed to me and whispered, "Princess, the people here are always staring at us then laughing even the horsemen." I put my hand over Paktu's shoulder and gave him a gentle squeeze. "Ignore them, Paktu. They are just not used to our ways and culture. They will get used to us someday. Even I got into some sort of trouble inside" Then Paktu stare at me and finally smile. He knew that wjatever it is that Ive got myself into, is much worst than his. This is really is a case of culture shock, I supposed!