The Entourage

The sun was still sleeping when all are called upon to meet outside of the palace grand hall. I was up early because I can't sleep. I don't know if it's excitement, happiness or sadness that is overtaking me. But I just shook the negative thought of not seeing and being with the two men that I loved the most of all.

Good morning, Princess! Ready for the journey? Paktu greeted me and disappeared as fast as I could nod to answer. Then, the servants brings out the food and all of us helped ourselves in filling up for the journey ahead.
Not too long my father came out and bid each of us luck, safety and success. Then he went to my brother. I saw him gave him a hug and orient him to the company he will be travelling with. Then they came together towards me.
Meerad gave me a hug and kiss me at my forehead. "Be careful. I will visit you always. I will miss you. I love you, our little dragon. We hug so tight and tears began to run down my face. This is the first time we will be separated. As the gate opens, it did excite me what's outside but at the same time how I wish it will open up slowly this time.
As my brother's whole entourage left my sight, my father hug me tighter. There was silence but I can hear my heart crying. I let the tears to fell freely this time. Then I feel my father's hug loosen.
"This is not good, this is not goodbye. This is just fulfilling your mother's wish and just an ordinary royal duties if I may call it" my father answered. Then he turn towards Paktu and his men. "These will be your mighty company. You will be accompanied by my nine best warrior. And of course, your very own mortal enemy, Enya!"
Everyone burst into laughter. When they saw Enya came rushing through the gathered crowds.

But why? I asked. "She can rest while I'm gone and she can accompany you here"
"I have enough alreadg here. I can care for myself still you know. And besides she volunteered... mercifully!"
Oh, Enya! I hug her so tight that she send off a cough. But honestly, I'm happy that she is with me in this journey.

You must gallop now. You shall be welcomed for I have sent the message to the location of your duty"I can sense the sadness and pride in my father's voice.

Goodbye, father! As I astride my horse. I'm fighting not to cry again but I did not succeed. As we neared the gates, I stared at our home, our land, our kingdom, my father for nobody knows when I shall see its glory and beauty again nor I will feel that hug again from my family.

I must stay strong. I must prove my worth. I must make my family proud. I will let the world know that we do exist.