03. What Are Bestfriends For ?

A/N: Sorry I know this chapter isn't very important, but NEXT chapter will be better I promise(: There's a sneek peak at the end of this chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

Flashbacks: all are in italic

Picture: Garrett Neff as- Jeremy Rodriguez

______________________________________________

Chapter three

What Are Bestfriends For

Point of view: Christopher

"You suck!" Derek yelled as he threw the cards down on the make-shift table which we conveniently made out of two of those blue uncomfortable hospital chairs.

"Only in your wildest dreams..." I shook my head as I laughed loudly in his face.

"I do not." He protested with a growl as he flushed a deep red.

I couldn't help but laugh harder at the way his face lite up like a christmas tree and the rediculous look on his face.

He swung his arm out and smacked me on the back of my head, but that just seemed to make me laugh harder at his embaressment.

When I finally settled down my stomache muscles were hurting. I looked over at Derek who rolled his eyes.

"I don't see what was so funny..." he muttered while glaring at me with his stormy grey eyes.

I yawned loudly while shrugging my shoulders and leaning back in my chair suddenly feeling exhausted.

"Did you get any sleep?" Derek asked, throwing his arm over my shoulder and shaking me a bit.

I nodded my head. "I got a bit of sleep but not much, I just seem to always end up here at some point in the night."

"So what have the doctors said?" He asked squeezing my shoulder and giving me a reassuring smile. "When is he going to wake up? It's been a whole month."

"Since there was swelling of the brain they aren't sure if he's going to have any physical or mental problems when he wakes up." I spoke softly. "They don't even know if he's going to wake up." My voice seemed to trail off to a whisper with each word spoken. I shrugged trying to gain my composure, I was not going to cry anymore, I had to stay strong.

"Don't say that. He's going to wake up man. He's strong and he's the most stubborn person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting." He said as he squeezed me into his side.

The chair handle was poking me uncomfortably but I didn't mind I needed this. I had been feeling so alone this past few month. Nothing was going right and everything seemed to be going from bad to worse. Derek would be there for me from time to time when he was off work, and that wasn't much. Today he took a day off to hang out with me in Jeremy's hospital room sence it's the only place i'm ever at besides the house. He didn't know how much him being here actually helped, not that I was going to tell him.

"Have you talked to his parents and let them know that their only son is in a coma?" He asked.

"Oh yeah.." I said shifting in my seat. "I let them know but you dont wanna know what they had to say about it."

"That bad?"

"Psh, worse." My tone of voice filled with disgust. "They said and I quote 'That filthy devil spawn is not our son, he has been corrupted by evil. God has warned him, that is his punishment for disobeying him. I hope he rots in hell when he dies the filthy c*ck sucker'. So you can imagine the next words out of my mouth."