00. Prologue

Prologue

Twelve Hours Before...

Point of view: Jeremy

(7:10am)

I groaned. Turning my head to the right, peeking open my left eye to get a glimps of the alarm clock on the desk near the bed.

7:10am.

Groaning again I rolled over and shook my lover awake.

"It's seven-ten baby." I muttered in his ear still shaking the body next to me. "Wake up."

"Shit." The body jumped out of bed frantically and began heading towards the bathroom in a hurry.

"Where are you going in a hurry?" I asked. "It's still early."

"I have to stop by the mechanic's place and pay him, before I head to the station and finish up that report before the cheif lays it on my ass." He replied before kissing me, and resuming his trek to the bathroom.

"Nope, sorry that ass is all mine." I muttered to myself while throwing the blankets off my body and hopping out of bed. "I'll make coffee and then come join you in the shower," I yelled as I opened the door and padded out of the room and to the kitchen.

"You bet your sweet ass you will." He yelled out the bathroom door.

"Pervert!" I laughed.

_________________________________________

(8:45am)

I calmly looked around the squad room, observing all the faces working or just joking around, lost in their own worlds. This was the life. This place was like a second home to me. Most of my time was spent here, either for work or just hanging out with someone on the force.

I sighed loudly.

"God I could use a cup of coffee." I grumbled while pecking away at the keyboard.

"Rodriguez, where's that partner of yours?" A deep voice rumbled.

I Looked up from the computer I was squinting at and turned my head to look behind me. The Captain was scowling in my direction. I knew from expierience, that it wasn't directed at me, it happens to be a perfectly normal reaction whenever my partner was mentioned.

"Oh, he's . . ."

"You know what?" The Captain yelled. I looked at him inquisatively. "Tell him, that report better be finished within an hour and on my desk, not a minute later."

"Will d...."

Before I could finish my sentence the slamming of the Captains office door echoed throughout the room, cutting me off. How rude.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I patted down my pockets searching for the source of the noise. My cell phone. Shuffling through my papers I snatched up my phone from the desk without checking the caller I.D.

"Rodriguez. . ."

_________________________________________

(9:32am)

"Yo. Yo. Yo." came a deep voice that I knew all to well.

Looking up from my computer just as Chris plopped down in his chair, smiling lovingly at me for a moment before blinking and looked down and shuffling papers around.

"What happened with the car?" I asked.

"He turned off before I got to the station, the cruiser you sent was tailing him." He replied with a frown.