02. Missing You

A/N: Flashbacks: all are in italic

Picture: Chris Hemsworth asChris Morris

______________________________________________

Chapter two

Missing You

Point of view: Christopher

"You ready for this?" Derek asked turning me around to face him as the doctor walked off.

I just nodded my head not sure I was able to speak at the moment. I turned my head and looked towards the room Jeremy was being kept in. I took in steady breaths trying to calm my racing heart. Arms enveloped around my shoulder as Derek pulled me into a much needed hug.

"I feel like I've been waiting to see him my whole life." I muttered quietly.

"I'll be right out here if you need me." He said before releasing me from his arms and patting me on my chest as he walked to the nearest chair.

"Okay, thanks," I sighed. Walking to the door, I took in a deep breath trying to prepare myself for seeing a sight I've never wanted to see. My husband laying in a hospital bed has always been one of my worst nightmares, and now it's come true. Exhaling loudly I opened the door and walked in.

"Jeremy." The name was bearly a whisper as it tumbled out of my mouth.

I rushed over to the side of the bed and dropped into one of the uncomfortable blue chairs as my knees gave out on me. He looked so fragile and broken. The sheets were folded neatly around his waist. There was white bandages wrapped around his head, black bangs swept across his head hanging over them. He was wearing an open gown revealing thick guaze under the bandages that were wrapped around his chest and torso covering surgical incisions. A tube was in his mouth helping him to breath and an I.V in his arm. He was so pale lying there unmoving.

"Jeremy." I brokenly whispered taking his limp hand into mine. He was so cold to the touch that I had to suppress a shiver that ran up my spine.

I looked around the white sterile room taking in all the machines. The silence in the room was unberable. The only sounds were the constant beeping of the heart monitor and the machine pumping air into Jeremy's unconcious body. There was nothing I could do about it, I just begged and pleaded that he would say something anything, or open his eyes so I could see those beautiful honey colored orbs staring back at me.

"God baby, I'm so sorry." I sighed brokenly as I felt the tears well up in my eyes and sweep down my face at an alarming rate.

I wiped the tears away taking in a shuddering breath. I lay my head down on the bed closing my eyes still grasping on to Jeremy's hand tightly letting sleep finally take me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- One week later -

"Hey baby...."

I sighed, using my free hand to run my fingers through my hair while the other I used to hold onto Jeremy's still limp hand. I looked up at the ceiling closing my eyes and breathing in deeply.

"It's me. I don't know if you can hear me at all, but I need someone to talk to, and you've always been there for me while I rant on and on, you've always just listen. Your my bestfriend...my everything, I love that I can spill my soul out to you without being judged." I sighed loudly twisting my neck trying to releave some of the tension.