08. I Won't Give Up On Us...

A/N: Flashbacks: all are in italic

Picture: Chris Hemsworth asChris Morris

______________________________________________

Chapter Eight

I Won't Give Up On Us...

Point Of View: Jeremy

The door to the cupboard flew open unexpectedly, the barrel of a gun aiming steadily at my head, once again. Ice blue eyes glaring down at me for only a moment before they softened considerably, and filled with love, and affection. Those eyes came from the only person I could trust. But, I couldn't trust him when he had a gun pointed at my head.

"Shit," he gasped out, making me jump. He placed the gun on the counter before crawling slowly towards me, where I was conveniently hiding, and absolutely terrified for my life. I knew I wasn't in my right mind at the moment, and honestly I was so completely scared that there was nothing I could do about it, even though I wanted to. "It's okay, babe."

It was not okay, though.

He reached those strong arms out to me, I wanted to fall into them. Oh, I wanted to so bad. I wanted him to wrap them around me tightly, to the point I could barley breath, I just wanted to feel safe in his arms, the pieces of me put back together, because I felt completely broken.

But I couldn't, my body felt detatched from my mind. All I could do was flinch, and squeeze myself deeper into the confinement of the cupboard. I looked around frantically for an escape of any kind, to get away from this situation. I could feel myself trembling, and I hated it. I hated feeling so weak, and lost in my own mind.

"Jer, babe." He whispered, my head snapped in the direction of his voice, desperation laced his gentle voice, and concern etched his handsome face. "It's Chris, come on, you want to come out of that little space, stretch your legs a bit."

I shook my head frantically when what he purposed sank in. There was absolutely no way I was leaving my sanctuary. A piercing pain rocketed through my skull, I closed my eyes, hoping to gain some relief.

"What do you think your life would be like if you never met me?" He asked me as he played in my hair, running his fingers repeatedly through it. Our naked bodies were intertwined in Chris' sheets, my head resting comfortably on his chiseled chest.

"Umm....." I shrugged my shoulders gently, tilting my head to the side so I could look up into his face, thinking over his question with serious consideration. My hands glided up and down his smooth sculpted chest, his blue eyes gazing intently into mine. "It wouldn't be much of a life, not nearly as exciting and filled with love as it is now, as it is with you. God, I can't even imagine my life without you in it."

"Yeah, I can't either," Chris turned his head to look down at me, our heads brushing against each others, as he gazed into my eyes intimately, snaking our fingers together to hold my hand. "You're amazing you know that?"

"Ummm...." I blushed, looking away from his penetrating stare. "That, i'm not."

"You are, very much so," he nodded playfully. I knew that look.

"Noooo!" I whined, trying to scramble away from his constricting hold around my waist. Successfully, I got away for just a moment, one minute I was running towards the door, my freedom, and the next, laying flat on the bed. I was still laughing as my body was being crushed into the mattress by his weight, obviously pleased with himself for catching me, a smirk gracing his pink lips. I smiled, and let him bask in his moment of triumph. It was a short moment though, as his hot breath fanned across my lips, claiming my attention once more, and as my smiling eyes met his smouldering ones, I blushed.