01. The Waiting Game

A/N: Flashbacks: all are in italic

Picture: Garrett Neff asJeremy Rodriguez

______________________________________________

Chapter one

The Waiting Game

Point of view: Christopher

I chased after the guy for more than five blocks. I was breathing heavily, I really needed to lay off the Mcdonalds. I sprinted around the corner, he was running into a usually busy street. He made it through without getting hit. As I ran out in the street, the sound of tires squealing as a car hit on its brakes rand through my ears. Without missing a beat, I slid across the hood, racing to keep up with the perpatrator who ran into some apartment building. I Looked to my left and saw my new partner running around the back, I continued up the stairs and into a door Where an old woman was pointing out to me.

"FREEZE!" I yelled aiming my revolver at him. Breathing heavily the man looked around frantically for a way out.

"Did you really think you could out run me in those shoes?" I questioned looking down at his feet. When I looked back up the man was jumping through a window to the balcony and slide down the latter to the alley way.

"Really, out the window." I muttered to myself.

Jeremy came running around the corner. He cornered the man into facing up against the wall while he hooked the handcuffs on him.

"Oooh you're in trouble now...." I chuckled softly.

"Why did you run from the scene of the crime? You know that makes you look guilty." I stated

"I didn't do it. I ain't do nothin..."

Jeremy looked over at me with a cruel smile forming on his lips. He twisted the guy by his elbows to face us. Raising his hand with the revolver to the perps head.

"Let's just shoot him, make it easier on ourselves Chris. What do you say?"

I nodded my head playing along with a small smirk on my face. I knew he wouldn't actually shoot the man, for one he wasn't even armed.

"I changed my mind. Yeah, we'll just plant evidence at the crime scene that points to you, that's better."

"Alright.....alright i'll talk...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soooo....how did I do?" Jeremy asked proudly.

"Uh great...?" I trailed off glancing over to at him.

"I was thinking for you, that maybe you would be....."

I interrupted him mid sentence. "Don't ever do any thinking for me. Got it?" I gave him a look before continuing to walk.

He stood there for a minute, I could feel his eyes glaring through the back of my head. I just continued walking to our vehicle knowing he would catch up soon enough, and I wasn't disappointed.

"Chris....?" I heard his footsteps coming up behind me. I tried to will away the fluttering of my heart everytime he so much as spoke my name.

"Why?" He questioned. "What do you have against me?"

"I don't need you thinking for me." I glared down into his eyes before looking away, trying not to get lost in them. "I have nothing against you, I'm sure your great. However I don't need a partner and I sure as hell don't need it to be you."