12. A Broken, Shivering House

Chapter Twelve

A Broken, Shivering House

Point Of View: Jeremy

"Is it bad?" I asked just as Chris walked out of the house where the door should have been. I don't know why I even asked. I could tell the place was trashed just from standing outside of it for the few minutes I was left alone.

"It's...." Chris trailed off as he looked around his surroundings. I watched his face for any sign of what he could be feeling, but he showed nothing his face completely blank. His eyes told another story though; they displayed to the world exactly what he was feeling. He was angry but most of all he was hurt. For some odd reason seeing the hurt in his eyes didn't set well with me. My stomach churned, something in me just snapped and I just had to hold him. I wanted desperately to wipe that look out of his eyes. "Yeah...."

I walked the few steps it took for me to stand directly in front of him. I paused for a split second wondering what the hell I was doing, chris was a male. I should not have a strong desire to want to hold him, to take him into my arms and never let go. As I glanced up meeting his bright blue eyes I realized I didn't care if he was a man or that I was a man. All I cared about at the moment was him and erasing the pain from his eyes. The only way I could think to do so was to hold onto him and show him I was there for him just as much as he was for me.

Thats exactly what I did, I threw my arms around his wide shoulders. It was a strain on my battered body to stand on my toes but I refused to let him go. Not yet anyways. After a moment of him being tense, he relaxed into my embrace and hestantly wrapped his strong arms around my back lifting me off the ground to accommidate our height difference.

Standing there with our arms wrapped around each other in the middle of our destroyed house I came to realise just how much I relied on him. He made me feel safe and secure like nothing could hurt me. Being in his arms made me feel like I was home, Chris was my home. I was no longer lost.

"Hey, it's okay," Chris's deep voice rumbled in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

I was confused on why he would be comforting me when I was trying to comfort him. Then I sniffled and there were tears streaming down my face. I was crying. Why the hell was I crying? I was supose to be the strong one at the moment and I turn into a blubbering mess.

"I know..." I paused to catch my breath, hiding my face in the crook of Chris's neck. "I'm just....i'm scared."

After speaking those words I knew they were the complete truth. I was scared, pssh, I was terrified. I was afraid of being married to a man; a man I barley knew. I was afraid of never regaining my memory. I was afraid of why so many wierd and suspicious things were happening to me; to Chris. Most of all I was terrified of falling for my husband.

Standing here in his arms, I knew I was already in too deep. I had already began to fall for my husband, a man I barley knew but felt I couldn't live without.

I was in deep shit.

But, didn't Chris already reassure me over and over again that I was all he wanted and he would keep me even if I never regained my memory. He had already showed me just how much he loved me and the least I could do was trust him.

"It'll be fine," he replied running fingers through my brown hair. "The important thing is that you're here and alive. There's nothing I won't do to keep you safe, Jer."

I knew he was telling the truth, the conviction and determination that rang through his voice was all the proof I needed. I nodded my head afraid my voice wouldn't work just yet and squeezed him tighter still not ready to let go.