prologue

"Why do you always carry a gun, Marco?" She asked, twisting her thin black hair through her fingers.

It was usually always straight although due to stress, she had been curling her fingers through it a lot recently, causing the ends of her hair to be slightly frizzy.

"To protect myself Aria." He replied calmly, ignoring the look of hurt on her face as his fingers found the refreshing feeling of the cool metal in his back pocket.

"It's dangerous, Marco." She stumbled through her words, her light blue eyes unable to look at the man she had once loved.

She was confused at her feelings for him, she still loved him but he put her through so much, was he still the man she fell in love with?

He had promised her things would never be like this and now here they were fighting over his work once more. It occupied all of their conversations and always seemed to loom over both of them even when they were separated.

"Of course it's dangerous Aria! I'm a dangerous person, they wouldn't have given this to some silly pretty boy." He snapped at her, immediately her body became small and weak at his words.

He hated doing this to her, but what else could he do? Their relationship had more downs than ups but she knew too much and knew better than to leave him.

"I need you here, Marco, to stay with me, please." She begged him, her skinny body trembling with fear.

"I will." He muttered, taking her slim figure into his arms.

The embrace was loveless and short lived however, simply being touched by him made her realise how much she still loved the man who made her life hell, even if he didn't love her back. And for a moment, she almost believed his words, smiling into his embrace.

-

a/n: short prologue i know but anyways this is my first story so apologies if it's not the best, which i know it isn't. marco reus has millions of fics but this plot fits him to a tee. i hope you have a wonderful day, remember to vote and all that stuff. much love, eva xo.