CHAPTER FORTY

AUTHOR'S POV - 

After Abhishek agreed on the plan, they decided when and how they will execute it. They also decided to keep it within the five of them, because if the whole team knows about it, the plan will surely not remain a secret. 

Virat, MSD and Rohit, then went back to their rooms and decided to meet directly for breakfast. 

Shubman on the other hand was in a pool of emotions. Did she still love him? Can he get her back if he wins her trust again? These questions hovered his mind, but he was the one who lost her trust purposely and cannot even try getting it back, even if he wants to or else he could risk a life. 

He quickly got ready and went down for breakfast, noticing that it is late. His head was still very heavy and he was feeling drowsy because of yesterday. 

He went down and tried spotting Anvi, but realization then struck him that Anvi is not living in the hotel. 

"Woh apne ghar mein hain." Abhishek said from behind. 

"I was not searching for Anvi." Shubman said, getting startled by the voice from behind. 

"I toh did not take any name." Abhishek said. 

"Why do I always fall for this?" Shubman asked himself a little loudly. 

"Because I know you too well so I knew how to extract the truth out of you, you are bad at hiding your feels." Abhishek said. 

"Really? What am I feeling right now?" Shubman asked challenging Abhishek. 

"You are feeling drowsy and heavy. Have this lemonade." Abhishek said giving him a glass full of lemonade, before he could say anything, Iya interrupted. 

"Chill, I threatened him to not tell Virat bhai, Mahi chachu and Ro bhaiya anything." Iya said jumping in. 

"Thank god or else, I expected 15 extra laps today." Shubman said, he was happy because finally Iya had talked to him like she usually did before knowing the truth. 

"But that doesnt mean, I dont punish you" Iya said. 

"What punishment? For What punishment?" I asked. 

"You drank yesterday despite us telling you not to, you have two matches pending. Do you not realize that?" Iya scolded him. 

"Sorry." Shubman said and held his ears and made a puppy face. 

"Chalo maaf kiya bas." Iya said and they laughed. 

After sometimes they left the hotel for the practice session. As soon as they reached the ground Shubman started looking for Anvi, the England cricket team had not arrived yet. They started their practice so he focused on that. 

After a while he say a figure descending from the stairs, it was of Anvi. She was cursing her luck on how she had to sit in the stands because she had an office only in one stadium because it was the main and administrative stadium and office. Usually, she would not mind this at all, she loved the fresh breeze that hit her when she worked in the stands or the dugout but she really wanted to avoid Shubman today and since the time she sat down, his gaze was fixed on her. 

"Oye! Kaha khoya hua hai?" Virat asked. 

"Haan!! Kahi nahi." Shubman said and Virat saw where he was seeing and saw Anvi there and smiled. 

"Toh chal practice ke liye, agli match men, I need century." Virat said and took Shubman wiith him. 

"Haan bhai." he said and went with him to the nets.