CHAPTER FIFTEEN

AFTER ONE YEAR - 

IN MUMBAI

SHUBMAN'S POV - 

I am really nervous for tomorrow's match, it is the finals of T20 world cup and I having the least experience is still in the squad for the match because Cheeku bhai, Ro bhai and Mahi bhai really feel the I can make an impact tomorrow owing to my past performance. 

I still cant help but get nervous because tomorrow is when I have to prove myself, it is already 10pm  so I guess I should just sleep, it might help out but the problem is that I am not getting sleep. I come out in the balcony of my hotel room and look around. Wait, are you serious? Why the hell am I seeing Vi in the balcony? Shub mujhe lagta hai yeh tension ne tujhe pagal kar diya hai so ja. Na, but why do I still feel that it is Vi? Is it because I have not talked to Vi since long? Let me just scream Vi and see if it is her. 

"Vi?" I screamed and she saw towards me. 

"Shubh?" she asked shocked. 

"Are you serious? What are you doing here?" we both asked each other shocked. 

"Pehle tu bata, " I said. 

"Yaar, I am here for chess nationals, I told you na? I play chess. I even told you that I managed to get the team approved from the school and we got through cluster and state level with first position." she said. 

"What? are you serious? mujhe pehle kyun nahi bataya?" I asked her. 

"Pagal, maine tujhe bataya tha ki hum state level jeet jaye and I have nationals in a month, bhool gaya?" she asked. 

"Haan, sorry yaar. Yeh T20 ka tension." I said. 

"Why are you here?" she asked me. 

"Tujhe sachi me nahi pata?" I asked her. 

"Nahi, kyun?" she asked. 

"Ek kaam kar, tu mere room me aja ." I said .

"Yaar, how should I come, andar puri team hai." she said. 

"Matlab? chess toh akele khelte hain na?" I asked her. 

"Ya, but see we have team points in this, like this is not an individual tournament, it is a interschool national tournament types, asa hi samjh lo." she explained. 

"Toh main tere room mein aa jata hoon." I said. 

"Tum pagal ho? Sab mere room mein hain abhi. Wait main hi aati hoon tere room mein." she said and went in the room. 

Wow, I did not expect to meet Vi here and that to like this. I really missed Vi a lot, but since this T20 world cup started I did not get much time to talk to her and she also was busy, first with boards and then all this so we used to get less time. But, she is still my bestie, whenever I talk to her my stress gets relieved. I was in all these thoughts that the bell rang and I opened the door, it was Vi. 

"Hey" she said and hugged me and I hugged her back.

"Hey, you might be very annoying but you give the best hugs." I said and she punched me and sat on the bed.

"Chai, coffee, sharbat, pani. Kuch toh offer karo, mehman padhare hai aapke dusre ghar, hotel room main." she said with full attitude. 

"Mehman, my foot." I said and threw a pillow on her and we had a long session of pillow fighting. 

"So, lets stop I need to go back in a while, you tell me. How are you in Mumbai?" she asked me, I still cannot believe that she does not know why.