•6•

The next morning before Mina headed off to work, she peaked her head into Kaminari's room to see if either of the boys were awake. She stared at them in shock when she found Izuku cuddled up to Kaminari's chest.

She quickly left, mumbling to herself as she went. "They're gonna be livid."

Kaminari woke up a few minutes after she left, not realizing who was in his arms at first. It quickly came rushing back to him and he realized just how fucked he was.

"Shit, shit, shit," he whispered to himself.

Izuku groaned and buried his head deeper into Kaminari's chest in his sleep.

"God damn it, I'm so screwed. He's too cute- wait no, shit." Kaminari continued to mumbled to himself.

"Hm, Kaminari what're- Why am I- What's- Ah!" Izuku screeched as he realized what position they were both in. He jumped and tried to back away but just ended up falling off the side of the bed instead.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Kaminari asked, looking over the edge of the bed at Izuku.

"Why were- When did- Huh?" Izuku asked, trying to form a coherent sentence to no avail.

"Well you passed out in the middle of the movie and I didn't want to wake you up or try to move you so I just let you sleep in my bed. Then you kind of cuddled up to me and I just went with it." Kaminari explained, his face a light pink while Izuku's was beat red.

"Gah, I'm so, so, so sorry!" Izuku said, quick to apologize.

The blond on the bed shyly smiled while looking at his hands. "Don't be, it was... cute."

Izuku's pulse quickened at his words. If he was being completely honest, he had had a huge crush on Eijirou and Katsuki for the past year, maybe even longer, but nothing had ever happened between them. After he left for college he had kind of given up hope. He had planned and trying to just move on and just get over the fact that the two boys would only ever be his best friends.

Maybe he would do just that.

Izuku's blush didn't subside as he looked up at Kaminari. "Do you... maybe... wanna get some coffee?" He asked, terrified of the rejection he was suspecting would come.

Kaminari's smile became more confident as he let his eyes meet Izuku's. "Sure, I'd love that." He said happily.

Izuku smiled at the other boy. "Great, but we should probably get dressed first." He joked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ouch woman!" Kaminari exclaimed after Mina had smacked the back of his head.

They were sitting in their kitchen, talking about everything that had happened between him and Izuku. The green haired boy in question was taking a nap in Kaminari's room. He wasn't used to staying up so late and it had really taken a toll on him.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Mina asked him, trying to keep her voice down so Izuku wouldn't hear. "Are you stupid or something? Wait, don't answer that. Of course you are."

"Hey!" Kaminari said in offense.

"What are you doing? Seriously, do you have any idea how badly this is going to hurt-"

Kaminari was quick to cute her off. "They had a year to tell him how they felt and they didn't. That's not my fault. Midoriya asked me out. That's not my fault. Him liking me and not Kirishima and Bakugou is not. my. fault." He said, annoyed that his friend was more focused on the fact that the other two boys liked Izuku and not him. "Besides, they're over five thousand miles away from him, they don't really stand a chance now, do they?"

Mina's eyes softened at her friend. "Kami, do you know how much it's gonna hurt them to find out he's dating someone else, let alone one of their best friends? It's... it's just cruel."

The blond sent her a harsh glare. "First off, we went on one coffee date. You're reading way to far into this. Second, why should their happiness outweigh mine, huh? Why should I step aside from the boy I like that actually likes me back, just because Bakugou and Kirishima liked him first? How is that fair to either me or Midoriya? It's not, it's just fucking stupid." He said, walking away from her and into his own room.

He crawled into his bed next to Izuku. The smaller boy had woken up when he walked in and noticed how upset he look. "Kami? What's wrong?" He asked softly.

Kaminari laid down next to him, wrapping his arms around his smaller frame. "Nothing. Sorry for waking you up, just try to go back to sleep, okay?" He said.

Izuku just nodded, to tired to try and push the other boy to talk to him. Soon, they were both fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas came and went, Izuku and Kaminari growing closer as they spent more and more time together over the holidays. Mina had noticed and she definitely didn't have a good feeling about it.

Izuku had only texted with Eijirou and Katsuki a few times, but it wasn't much. They were just short conversations about how their break was going. Izuku never mentioned what was happening between him and Kaminari though, there just didn't seem a need to.

Eventually New Years rolled around. Mina planned for all three of them to just stay home and watch the ball drop together. She even managed to get an upperclassman to get them a bottle of champagne. It was more for the aesthetic than actually getting drunk, seeing as there wasn't enough to really even get them tipsy.

Izuku was planning on texting Eijirou and Katsuki happy New Year when the clock hit midnight, seeing as they had both texted him sixteen hours earlier, seeing as they were ahead in Japan.

When there was about a minute until midnight, Izuku opened up the group chat that all three of them were in. He typed out his message and was just waiting for the clock to change before sending it. He wanted it to send at exactly midnight.

When the new year finally started, Izuku was just about to his the send button when something stopped him. Kaminari had gently grabbed his chin and pulled his face to his own, connecting their lips in a soft kiss.

Izuku was shocked for a second, but quickly kissed the other boy back. His phone fell from his hand as he wrapped both arms around Kaminari's neck, pulling him closer.

Mina stared at the two boys wide eyes. She quickly pulled out her phone and opened up the bakusquad group chat they all still used, even though they were so spread out now.

Mina~
Um guys?
Kaminari and Midoriya are making out in our living room