Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When detention was over for the other kids, Crispin looked at me and laughed as he made his way out the room along with them. I glared at him and threw my textbook at his head which only earned me another fifteen minutes. When I was dismissed, it was 4:30. When I got outside there was only 5 cars in the parking lot. I walked over to my beat up car.

I opened the door and threw my bag on the passenger seat. I got in and put the key in the ignition and drove home. About fifteen minutes later I reached home. When I got home I noticed that my mom wasn't there. She was probably at work. I dragged my feet up the stairs to my room. When I got there I jumped on my bed. My eyes became droopy and I fell asleep.

~ Following day ~

I sat in my chair, impatiently tapping the end of my pencil, dreading for the period to end. I glanced up at the clock on the wall that read 11:45 ; twenty five more minutes of this hell whole. I let out a loud groan and tapped my pencil louder. I glanced around the classroom and saw that half the class was sleeping, half was flying paper airplanes around and the others were making out. I looked up at the teacher, Mrs. Cast ; a 40 year old woman with brown hair and, stands at 5'3. She was like a sleeping pill in a skirt.

Mrs. Cast's profession was Health. She was considered the worst Health teacher. Her lectures were always boring and usually were based upon her sex life. Mrs. Cast told us about the first time she had sex ;which was when she was 15. She got pregnant and decided if she became a health teacher, she might reduce the chances of teenage pregnancy. We all see thats not working because about 3 girls are already pregnant in this school and it's only 1 month into the school year.

Mrs. Cast arouse from her desk and sat on it with her hand clasped tightly together. She took up a text book and dropped it on the floor; which got the class's attention. Mrs. Cast went around her desk and pulled out a fake baby and a baby bag which seemed to be filled with diapers and other baby necessities.

"Okay class for the remainder of this month and next month, you guys are going to be paired up as parents and you will receive a baby simulator. You will care for this baby like it's a real one. If you don't, I will know because it has a monitor on the back. This baby cries, poops, sleep, and needs to be fed. It does everything a real baby does. If you don't take care of this baby or this baby isn't in the condition you received it in, you will fail."

"Can I have a volunteer to feed this baby?," Crispin raised his hand. Mrs. Cast pointed on him. He got up from his seat murmuring 'This can't be that hard' as he went up to the front. So full of himself. Mrs. Cast handed him the baby and a baby bottle. He took it and pushed it in the baby's mouth. The baby started coughing. He put the bottle down and rocked it. The baby coughed again and it threw up on him. The whole class erupted in a frenzy of laughter.

"Take this thing from me," he gave Mrs. Cast the baby , grabbed a napkin and wiped the puke of his chest. Mrs. Cast shook her head.

"How about another volunteer?," she asked. I looked around the classroom. No one was raising their hands.

" How about you Skye?," she asked looking at me. I pointed at me and she nodded. I got up and walked to the front of the classroom. She handed me the baby and the bottle. I held the baby a little upright and put the bottle in it's mouth. It coughed a little and I put the bottle down and patted its back. The coughing stopped and I continued feeding it. The formula finished and I handed the baby back to her.

"Good job Skye, you can sit down now. Okay class, since the period is almost over, I wont give out partners until tomorrow," she said, glancing up at the clock. "Have a good day." As soon as she this, the bell rang. Skandar appeared at my side.

Skandar was my best friend. He was about 6'0, towering over me with brown hair and a goofy personality. He was super funny, smart and kind. Oh and did I mention he was Crispin's twin?

He gathered my books and he put my bag on my shoulder.

"Someone's anxious to go to lunch?," I said taking me books from his hands.

"Of course, it's taco Tuesday," he said in a know it all voice. He ran a hand through his hair and then ruffled it. I shook my head mentally, asking myself what was the point of that if he was just gonna mess his hair back up...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riddle ;

#1. What kind of room has no windows and no doors.

Here is another :

#2. What object has keys that opens no locks, space but no room and you can enter but may not go in?

The Last:

#3. I am red when I'm born, orange when I'm alive and black when I'm dead. What am I?

Okay be honest and don't Google the answers. I'll dedicate the next chapter to whoever answers all riddles and whoever answers them all first.  Try hard and use your noggins!! Remember, Vote, Comment, And Fan!