Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"That's not a word!," I yelled throwing Scrabble pieces at Crispin. He chucked a few back at me and flipped the board on my lap. I took the board and slapped him.

"It is too," he muttered rolling his eyes. It's been a few days and the ET tube was removed. Oh I missed his obnoxious voice. He was doing better. He began respiratory therapy and he was starting to walk around. He never got pass the nurses station which was right outside his room. He was doing better, but he wasn't a 100% and anyone could see that. He was in more pain than he would let on. His pride was in the way and he never asked for help. He was too proud to.

He tried to roll onto his side, but winced in pain. I rushed to his side. He gave me a reassuring smile and patted my hand.

"You know, even though I really do enjoy your company Skye, your starting to look like one of the patients," Crispin joked, poking me in the side. He was probably right. I hadn't been home or even out of this room in days. Skandar or my mother would bring me clothes and all my other necessities. I refused to leave. If I did I would have to face the music.

"Funny guy," I muttered sitting down in the chair next to him. He motioned his hand, telling me to pull the chair closer. I did. He grabbed my hand into his and laid his head back on the pillow. He closed his eyes and began tracing circles on my hand with his finger.

"You know, you don't have to stay here with me all day, everyday Skye," he said.

"I want to."

"No you don't. Your only here because you feel guilty that you stupid boyfriend shot me," he snapped. He let go of my hand.

"No, Crisp-," I began but he cut me off.

"Before the accident you would never even spend 2 minutes in the same room as me. You hate me. But here you are, trying to be my little "buddy" because you feel guilty and you want to avoid your problems. You think keeping my company and playing nurse is gonna make you feel better !"

The machine started beeping faster.

"Crispin you need to relax," I said reaching for his hand. He pulled it away.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do Skye. Why don't you go home. I don't need your pity," he spat bitterly. A nurse came rushing in.

"Hey, are you okay?," she asked walking over to his side. She ran her eyes over my frame, almost in disgust.

"I think you need to leave. Your upsetting the patient," she said helping Crispin to lay down. I grabbed my phone and walked out. Tears ran down my cheeks before I could stop that. My vision got blurry and I just stood there crying.

"Skye? Skye!," a voice yelled. Skandar. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back.

You know how when you're crying and then someone comes an hugs you or asks if you're okay, then you just lose it and start crying even more? That's exactly what happened.

"What happened? Is Crispin okay?," he asked sitting down and pulling me onto his lap. He tucked my head underneath his chin and rocked me back and forth.

I nodded. "He's f-fine."

"Shh," he whispered. He rubbed my back until my sobs subsided. It felt good to be in Skandar's arms. I did however feel like a little girl being rocked back and forth but it was nice to have someone there to comfort me.

Crispin's room door opened and the nurse came out. I slid of Skandar's lap and was making my way to the door when she blocked my path.

"Listen, he needs to calm down before I can let you back in there," she said. I sighed. Bitch.

"Skye she's right. I'll see how he's doing then I'll come get you," Skandar chirped behind me. He gave my hand a squeeze and walked into the room. I sighed and sat down. She sat next to me. She seemed to be in her early 20's. She had curly natural hair and freckles on her nose. Her eyes were big and bright. Overall, she was beautiful.

"Look, I know you think I hate you, but I don't. I'm just keeping the patient's health in mind. He needs rest in order to heal and if your presence is upsetting him don't you think it's best that you give him a little space? I know you care about him but he has a lot on his plate right now. I'm sure you want nothing more than him to get better," she said. She rested an arm on my shoulder. She gave it a light squeeze and got up.

I rested my head in my palm and sighed loudly. I was running from my problems i.e. Casey. What was I suppose to say or do?

Someone cleared their throat and I looked up. The person was dressed in black jeans, shades and a black hoodie pulled over their head. Curly black hair stuck out through the sides.

Casey...

-

Vote, comment :)
I love feedback ! <3