Chapter 16

Can I just say I love you guys? Or is that a bit too much? I was up all night replying to comments and inboxing some of you guys. I have way too many proofreaders now ! Lool but I appreciate all the help I can get to make the book better.

Special thanks to my girl Monae !!!

Chapter 16

Casey's house was only about ten minutes away, but with his driving we got there in five. When we pulled up in the driveway I was sorta dizzy. I honestly don't know how this kid got a driver's license. On the way here he almost ran over two cats, ran three red lights and drove through at least five stop signs. I guess anyone can get a license these days.

"It wasn't that bad," Casey said rolling his eyes and getting out the car. He made his way over to my side and opened my door. I didn't know guys actually did that anymore. I thought this only occurred in movies in the 1920's. 

"Yes it was! How did you get your license?"

"I actually bribed my driver instructor," he said helping me out the car. He wrapped his arms around my waist to steady me. I looked up at him in disbelief. He only looked down at me and laughed. "Joking Skye. I earned mine the same way everybody else earned theirs."

We made our way up the driveway to the house. John owned a pretty nice house I must say. It was the nicest house on the block. Two stories, balcony, a garage and four huge pillars. Overall it was a very beautiful house.

"Did you hear that?, " Casey asked. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I wasn't even aware of  what was going on around me. I tend to do that. Get lost in my own world and completely forget about my surroundings.

"Skye," I heard a familiar voice say.

Great.

I knew that voice all too well.

Crispin.

Casey's hand flew behind him. He pulled out something black...

I froze in terror and astonishment.

"What are you doing with that," I asked, pulling away from him. 

"It's for protection. After they killed my mother I had to get something to protect myself," he said reaching for my hand. "And those that I care for. I can't afford to lose anyone else."

Crispin slowly made his way over to me. He looked petrified. His eyes never shifted from Casey or the gun. It was the first time I've ever seen Crispin so scared. He was always fearless and brave. Even in times of trouble. But right now, he wasn't the same Crispin I'd known for years. 

"Casey, put that away before you hurt someone," Crispin snapped.

"Why are you here! Did you follow us here?," Casey asked, slowly making his way over to Crispin. "She. Doesn't. Want. You. Why. Can't. You. Accept. That. And. Move. On," Casey said, poking Crispin in the chest with the gun with each word.

"Casey!," I cried out. "Stop!"

A million and one thoughts were rushing through my head. 

A million different scenarios played over and over in my head. All with the same two outcomes.

Somebody dead or injured.

"Relax Skye, its on safety. I'm not dumb," Casey said, smirking at me. He still had the gun pointed at Crispin's chest.  "See," he said pulling the trigger to demonstrate.

At this very moment it seemed as if the entire world had stopped.

Casey had been wrong; the gun wasn't on safety. 

***

VOTE!!! Now >>>> Go vote or I won't update :)