Day Nine - Jake

***Jake***

I spent the day with one hand on my pocket, waiting for the phone to vibrate. I wasn't even sure why I thought she'd call. As beautiful and amazing as she was, Darren was manipulating her. He'd stop her from calling, crush her phone with his forefinger and thumb (I couldn't deny that he was strong enough to do that). But, she knew that I truly cared about her - surely she must've been slightly curious as to what things with me might be like.

"Dude," Callum said, waking me up from a day dream. I was picturing kissing Emma. Her lips, soft and sweet tasting, against mine. My heart accelerated just imagining it. 

"Yeah, what?" I asked, slightly irritated.

"Emma's over there," he said, looking down at his lunch as he said it. He looked bashful, ashamed even, that he'd noticed her. He told me he didn't want anything to do with our relationship, but here he was telling me where she was. 

I looked up to see her walking along the corridor. Everyone seemed to move around her, she looked to be almost glowing. She was wearing her gym clothes which clung perfectly, highlighting every curve and every contour of her beautifully tanned body. I swallowed. Jesus, she was hot.

"You should go speak to her," Callum said quietly.

"I should..." I grinned and, without a second thought, I leapt out of my chair and ran towards her. 

"Jake!" she said, looking startled. I thought I could see a smile play on her lips for a moment.

"Hi Emma," I smiled. I loved the way her name sounded, you could draw it out, sing it, wrap it around your finger, play with it, and it still sounded beautiful. 

"Hi," she said, returning the smile. I noticed it didn't reach her eyes and that there was an anxious crease in her brow. She kept glancing around her nervously as if she was waiting for somebody to appear. Not someone. Darren.

"Have you...Have you been to the art room lately?" I asked casually.

"Yes, I was there first period," she nodded. I said nothing, expecting her to continue and say how she got my number but she didn't want anything to happen between us because she was fine with Darren thank you very much.

"Oh, cool," I said. "Did you...?"

"I saw your picture," she nodded. "Actually, I was going to text you after I changed out of my gym stuff." This was the perfect oppurtunity for me to look her up and down. She really was a godess in the flesh. I had the sudden urge to pull her towards me and kiss her. But, of course, I didn't because my hands were shaking in my pockets.

"Really?" I said, trying to hide my excitement.

"Yeah," she laughed. Oh, there she goes again with that sexy laugh. I could listen to that all day. Seriously, I could download that as my ring-tone and fall alseep listening to her chortling.

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to meet up this weekend...?" I said. The moment the words slipped out of my mouth, I regretted them. "I mean, you don't really know me so I totally understand if you don't want to meet up with me but I can promise you I'm not some weird freak that's going to rape you or something - oh God... I just thought it would be a good chance for us to get to know each other but... Well, I know that you're probably busy and-"

"Jake," she said, silencing me.

"Yes?" 

"I'd like that," she smiled. "We'll talk about it later."

"Great!" I enthused. "I mean...That's cool. Call me, or, you know, whatever."

She laughed again and walked away. I was left struggling to breathe. Oh, my God. Was I planning to go on a date with Emma? Yes!

"Callum! Callum!" I grinned, running towards him screaming like a love sick school girl. "We're going to go on a date! Can you believe it?! Me and Emma. On a date. Can you-"

"What?" someone said from behind me. I recognized the voice instantly. It was the voice that sent daggers through my heart.

I spun around to see Darren standing  above me, laughing, "You are joking right? You don't think Emma would actually go on a date...with you?"

"I'm joking, of course, it was a dream I had last night," I lied. "Duh, she wouldn't go on a date with me. I'm too scared to even speak to her..."

"You're really that pathetic?" he snorted. "Jesus, you got a boner over a fucking dream."

A few girls sitting nearby threw me looks of disgust. I glared at Darren, "I don't even have a boner."

He raised his eyebrows, "I'm sure Emma would love to hear about this..."

Before I had a chance to say anything else, he was gone.

"Shit," I said to Callum.

"Dude, you really got a boner over-"

"No I didn't. I fucking didn't!" I snapped.