Day Two - Emma

***Emma***

"Robert said he's bringing some friends today," Anna moaned. 

"Oh, great," I sighed. "More people to mess up the art room! You know I was here until half 6 last night helping Clara-I mean, the cleaner- clear up this mess." I gestured encompassingly. The room was already a state. The tables were covered in paint, pencils were thrown across the room and screwed up paper was everywhere.

"Well, I don't want them here either. I was planning on trying for third," Anna sighed.

"Third?" I pulled a face. "Anna, you've known him for, what, three weeks?"

She laughed, "So? You can't stay frigid forever, Em. You need to learn somehow." 

I pretended to gag and then carried on with what I was painting.

"You'll be like this one day," Anna smiled.

"Getting to third after three weeks? Um, no, I don't think so," I said. 

"I meant you'll be in love," Anna giggled.

"Oh, God. Not this crap again," I sighed.

Anna pulled a face, "You still don't believe in love, huh?"

"What's there to believe?" I wondered. "Falling in love is like getting sick, you feel heavy-headed and have a dodgy stomach for a couple of days, then you're over it and life is back to normal."

Anna just laughed and ruffled my hair, "One day, you're going to fall in love yourself and you'll be laughing about what you just said..."

"No way," I scoffed. 

The door swung open. In came Robert. Following him was a tall boy with short brown hair and behind him was a slightly shorter boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Anna rushed over to Robert and kissed him.

"You look lovely today, Robbie," Anna smiled.

Robert smiled back. I narrowed my eyes at him. Something about him had changed. His body language was all wrong. He had angled himself away from Anna and he looked indifferent. She was gazing at him as if he was the most beautiful thing on the planet (he really wasn't) and yet he was looking past her.

He smiled at me. Or not so much me but my chest. I looked down, my cheeks flaring red, and continued drawing.

The tall boy spoke up, "Why don't you and Anna go some place private?"

I tried not to look like I was watching. Robert shrugged, "You wanna?"

Anna nodded eagerly. I really wanted to tell her not to go - that Robert clearly didn't like her. But she'd ignore me and say it was because I was so cynical about love. I sighed, wishing they hadn't left me with these two boys I didn't even know.

Actually, the tall boy looked familiar. He smiled at me when he saw me looking at him, "It's Jake... In case you were wondering. I got a hair cut."

"Looks nice, doesn't it?" the blonde haired boy said.

"Um, yeah. Really nice..." I said, returning to my drawing. 

"Hey, so Jake was interested in art. Maybe you could show him some of your stuff?" the blonde boy suggested. "I'm Callum, by the way."

"Oh. No...My work's kinda private..." I said quietly. They couldn't stop looking at me. They weren't like Robert, they were really looking at me and they seemed nice. I just didn't like being in social situations like this. I was only really good at talking to people I knew. I always get scared that the conversation is going to run dry.