Day Ten Pt.1 - Emma

***Emma***

Hi Emma :) fancy going to a concert on saturday? xxx

I thought of a million replies I could say:

Of course...... I'd love to go...... I love that band! Yes......... Oh gosh thanks for the invite yeah........... Please please take me.......

But, instead, I said: Okay :) x

I was actually incredibly excited to go. It was just Darren that was the problem. I snuck my phone into my bag before he returned with our lunch. I watched as his hands gripped the tray, every muscle in his arm flexed. He could crush me so easily.

"Hi babe," he said, kissing my neck. My heart accelerated, but not out of excitement, it was fear.

"Where's Anna?" I asked, taking my baguette.

"On her way," he said grufftly. "I wish she didn't have to hang around with us. Why does she hang out with us?"

Because she's my best friend. Because I'm scared without her around. Because she helps me breathe when you're suffocating me.

"I dunno, it's nice to have her around," I said.

He grunted as Anna skipped towards us, embracing me in a tight hug, "Oh, my gosh Emma! Your hair is gorgeous today. What did you do to it?"

"I just woke up and brushed it," I said.

"Well you should do that more often!" she grinned. I knew she didn't mean it to offend me, but I was a little bit annoyed at her. I had to let it pass me by, though, or I'd be alone with Darren.

"I heard that Jake guy talking about yo-" Anna began, but broke off when I gave her a look.

"What?" Darren asked, clenching his fists.

Anna swallowed, "Talking about yoghurts... and like how the cafeteria barely has any nice flavours..." She darted her eyes from side to side anxiously.

"Hm," he said. "I need to shit."

"Okay," I said. I knew at once he didn't need to shit - he was going after Jake.

I texted Jake quickly: Jake! Hide! I think Darren is going after you or something??I dunno just hide!

Oh God - I hope he got the message