Day Eleven - Emma

***Emma***

I decided not to go to school - although it would mean Jake would be left to cope with the staring and the pointing and the laughter alone. I hoped he would deal with it okay. Oh God... I hoped he was okay!

But I had myself to think about, too. Anna flunked off school with me. Thankfully, her parents were fine with me staying with them. They even offered to speak to my parents about kicking me out. I decided I'd let them discuss it. It'd be nice to return to normality again. It's only been, what? A week? But I want my own bed and my own room back.

Anna was really nice to me. We went shopping to find me an outfit for tomorrow. She was a little bit quieter than usual. I guessed it was because she was usually the one going on dates and going on about boys. She probably felt a bit left out. Plus, I had a sneaky feeling she had a crush on Jake. Whenever I mentioned him, she looked disappointed and sad.

I decided to ask her outright, "Do you fancy Jake?"

"What? Me? No! No! Like Jake? What? As if! Okay... A bit..." she said it all so quickly I could barely distinguish one word from the next.

"Oh. You can have him if you like," I offered.

"No!" Anna said firmly. "I wouldn't want to take you away from the sweetest boy there is. Besides, he's smitten. He wouldn't notice me..."

"What about his friend Callum? He's cute?" I suggested. Although, personally I thought he looked a bit like he had a coat hanger in his mouth. Well, you know, just overly happy... Fake happy.

"Mm. But he's into girls for their body not their personality," she said with a sigh.

"You have a nice body," I said. It was true. Anna was slightly shorter than me but she was incredibly slim and toned. She was really curvy too.

"Please. My hips are too wide. You heard my mum: 'well they're great child bearing hips'. And I've barely got any boobs. And my neck is too long. My fingers aren't slender enough, either. They're short and stubby and-"

"Anna!" I gasped. "Shut up! You're beautiful!" 

 "Easy for you to say... Boys are all over you..." She sighed.

"Oh, right?" I laughed.

"Yes, right!" she insisted. "Jake and Darren might be the only ones who told you but I've seen them look right through me and at you..." 

I stared at her. That wasn't true! I was incredibly unpopular. I didn't consider myself ugly... But I wasn't exactly take-a-second-glance material.

"Well anyway... Can you check something on your Facebook?" Anna asked. I nodded. Anna's dad deleted her account a few days back because she had 'too many friends'. (She only had 73 friends on there...)

She passed me the laptop and I logged on. Or at least I tried to. It said 'password incorrect'. I tried again: maybe I'd typed too fast and spelt it wrong. No... Was caps lock on? No...

"Oh no!" I whispered.

The last time I'd checked Facebook I'd been on Darren's computer. What if I'd forgotten to log out? What if he'd changed my password?! He could've done anything on there! This wasn't happening!

"Anna... I think I'm in some deep shit..."