The Box

(PLEASE READ THE BOLD AT THE BOTTOM SINCE ITS VERY IMPORTANT I SWEAR!!!!)

I sat on the couch, paying attention to my surroundings with as much detail as possible. I felt like calling the police but it'd be bad if they found something of mine they weren't supposed to, but I don't have anything too incriminating. I also thought of calling the league but Shigaraki could just use that as an excuse to see me as weak and call me a "pussy". With them, being vulnerable in any state is not allowed. They never said that, but that's just how it looked like from my point of view.
I stared at my cellphone, waiting for another creepy text, thankfully I saw nothing.
I called my mom to see if she could at least answer the call.
The cellphone beeped a few times before it told me that the called was unavailable.

I didn't know what to do.

I felt like crying or stabbing someone to death. Nothing would help me, so I had to maintain calm and think rationally.
Something in my head told me to call Todoroki-kun but I didn't feel like bothering him.
My fingers acted against my will and pressed on his contract, calling him.
I panicked and threw my cellphone in the air, catching it with my quirk, only to be dropped again on the floor when I heard his voice.
"Hello?" Replied the boy from the other side.
"T-Todoroki-kun!" I squeaked.
"Yeah? What's going on? You sounded surprised." He stated in his usual tone.
"I-" I cut myself off, thinking my words through.
"Midoryia?"
"Todoroki-kun..." I glanced around the room. "P-Please come over to my house. As quickly as possible. I need help!"
"I'm on my way!" I heard ruffling from the other end of the cellphone as he probably was getting up and getting on his way here.
A beeping sound filled the room as he hung up.

'Why did I call him?! Now he's gonna see how weak I am!' I threw my hands up in the air, slamming them into my face in an awkward facepalm.

I waited nonetheless.

Not long later, a knocking sound emitted by the front door snapped me out of my thoughts.
I didn't say anything in hopes of whoever was there to leave.
They better state their claim before I ask who they are or even open the door.

'It can't be Todoroki as he lives a bit far away, though by running he should be here soon, but not now...'

I held my breath as I heard something be dropped on the ground in front of the door before running footsteps got quieter; I'm assuming that they were leaving the property.

I texted Todoroki to knock twice on the door so I knew that it was him.
My hands shook as another text notification came from my cellphone from the unknown number.
I didn't even want to look at the message in fear that it would send my anxiety and paranoia through the roof, more than it already was.
I waited a bit before two knocks came from the door. I got up and unlocked the door, knowing it was the tall, white-and-red haired boy. I grabbed his arm and yanked him into the house.
"M-Midoryia, what's going on?" He asked with worry in his tone.
I shushed him and looked around. Tears threatened to fall as I had never felt so scared in my life. All the photos the stalker sent me dated from early last year or even before that.
I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I stood there, gripping the hem of my shirt. He took this as a sign and held me in a tight embrace, rubbing circles on my back in an attempt to comfort me.
He sat me down on the couch in silence as he continued to comfort me.
I sniffled and regained a decent amount of my composure.
"T-Thank you..." I said as I got up and closed the remaining curtains that were open.
"Why are you closing them Midoryia?" He looked at me with concern and confusion.
I explained to him that when I got home, I couldn't find my mom which was unusual. Then I explained the situation about the texts and the photos as well as how the photos were very old.
He asked me how I knew they were old since I couldn't see when the photos were taken.
I explained how I had a fight with Bakugo and he had created an explosion that burned my right hand and majority of that arm; I had the bandages and scabs in the photo I recognized to be around oldest.
He grew angry when I told him about the burn.
"About how long ago was that photo taken then?" He asked.
"I suspect t-that it was around a year or a bit more than a year ago." I replied.
"You should call the police." He stated, taking his cellphone out, ready to dial the number.
"W-WAIT!" I stop him
He looks at me in the eyes with one of his signature unreadable expressions.
"W-What if they have my mom?!" I asked.
"More of a reason to call the cops."
"No!" I grunted. "If we call the cops, they might hurt her!"
"Hostage situation then." He thought for a moment. "You're right..."
We both sighed in defeat before an uneasy feeling overtook me. "H-Hey uh...Todoroki-kun?"
He turned to face me with a questioning look.
"D-Did y-you see a package or something at the entrance to my house by any chance?" I asked, remembering the knock earlier.
He nodded. "I was going to pick it up but you dragged me inside before I could do anything."
I quickly mentioned the text I hadn't seen yet, when all of a sudden, another text showed up from the number.
I didn't feel like dealing with this shit.
I wanted my mom with me.
I was worried sick for her safety.
My breathing and heartbeats started to speed up to a point where I felt like I was choking and couldn't breathe anymore. My chest hurt a lot and I started to shake heavily.
He noticed the events unfolding and realized I was having a panic attack. Quickly, he tackled me into a really tight embrace to slow my breathing and told me I was having a panic attack.
It took me a bit of time before I calmed down and let the panic attack pass.
Todoroki offered to get the package but I stopped him in case it could be a bomb or something. I had to ask him to read the new messages instead, considering how much the notifications sent me into a frenzy.
He kindly agreed and I unlocked my phone for him. He stared at the screen and even read the past ones again for some reason. There was literally nothing to see except for half-naked pictures of me or just me studying.
"The message is a picture of me walking to you house..." He said slowly. "We should really tell the authorities." He suggested once again.
I shook my head and hugged my knees to my chest.
With a sigh, he got up and walked towards the door.
"Wh-Where are you g-going?!" I jolted up, thinking he was about to leave.
"The package." He pointed at the door with his thumb in a casual manner.
Ignoring all of my protests, he carried a medium-sized box into the living room. He placed it gently on the floor near me, the box making a disgusting 'squish!' sound when it met the hard substance. Todoroki went into the kitchen to get a knife he could use to cut the tape.
I peered at the box in fear of what might come next. I barely noticed the stench emitting from it as well as the soggy look at the bottom of the package. I looked back at Todoroki who took the box in his hands and practically cut the tape faster than he should've.
We looked inside the cardboard box at the same time. I felt the air grow colder accompanied by more of the disgusting stench from earlier.
I saw the red-and-white haired boy, pale into a greenish color at the face; he covered his mouth and ran to the bathroom. He was vomiting his stomach out from the sight, as I only remained at the scene extremely paralyzed.
"Wh-What the fuck..." I quickly fell backwards and backed away from the box.
Silence filled the room.

Ding!

I looked at my cellphone in horror.
My stomach dropped, as I knew it was from the stalker.
I gathered up the courage to look at the messages from earlier as well as the new one.

Unknown

?: IZUKU!!!!
?: Did you like it?!?
?: DID YOU LIKE YOUR GIFT????

I mustered up the courage to reply.

Unknown

Me: LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!
Me: IM CALLING THE COPS!

Todoroki came back into the room looking paler than he usually looks due to his skin tone. He was wiping his mouth with his sleeve.
I wanted to tell him how sorry I was for dragging him into this mess, but I couldn't speak.
I told him I was going to call the cops after all, considering how the situation had escalated so quickly. He agreed and closed the box.
We both curled up on the couch, waiting for the familiar sound of police and/or ambulance sirens to arrive.
We both sat there; completely void of emotions whatsoever. The silence felt very neutral, but I knew that we both felt as if being in each other's presence would help this feel as if it was a dream and not real at all.
After waiting for what felt like an eternity, the police finally arrived. They questioned us for a minute before approaching the box. One of the police officers put on gloves and pulled both of the box flaps to the side, opening the box to reveal its contents and the terrible smell. More police that were at the scene gagged and some backed away after approaching the box and seeing inside.
The officer who opened the box first called for backup as a female officer pulled us both aside to ask us a few questions.
We explained the situation as detailed as we could. I showed her the messages as proof. I also threw in the fact that my mom is missing and I had no idea where she was.
She wrote the numbers down of my mom's phone as well as the stalker to track them down. She gave both of us a card on it to contact her if anything else happened before she handed us over to a paramedic to ask us how we were and try to help mentally with what had happened.
Me and Todoroki stuck together like glue the entire time. Not once being even three feet apart.
My phone didn't ring at all throughout that time.
I felt devoid of anything.
The whole event happened so fast and was so devastating that I had no idea how to react.
I snapped out of my trance-like state when a warm hand clutched mine in a protective state.
I looked down at my hand and then back up at the guy holding it.
"It's gonna be okay." He assured me.
My heartbeat quickened and my face grew to feel warmer.

I didn't want this feeling to end.

I gripped his hand back, and leaned my head on his shoulder. Tears were pouring down my face. I felt the need to apologize for it all, but the right words wouldn't form.
All I could really say was....

"Thank you."

____________________________

An update after four days? You guys are probably worried for me since I somehow updated on time lol
-Stalker = unknown
-Izuku = *confused gay panic noises @ Todoroki*
-Box = wtf is even in it (no, actually. Idk what imma put in there so pls suggest thank you...)
ALSO! I'm making a comic on WEBTOON for my original story GLITCH that will be released sometime next week so please check it out! It would mean the world to me! I wanna really get this story hyped-up a bit so it would mean A LOT if you guys promoted it here on Wattpad or any social media platform 👉👈🥺💕
Updating for this story won't be affected at all btw.