❝ 200% ❞ - H. SHOUYO

REQUESTED BY: TheLovelyLoser

❝ 200% ❞ by akmu

this is a new feeling
hey, what's wrong, it's common lovesick
this is, this is...

Enjoy Reading!

---------------

Nothing was going his way today.

Well, nothing ever went his way all the time, but he would push through the limits and boundaries until he was satisfied and got what he wanted.

But today was different.

Just as he was halfway through the final hill on the way to school, his bike's tire went flat, completely forgotten to pump it before he left so he was forced to continue on foot. He even left his phone, too! He was devastated, what's more is that he couldn't surprise you at your house to give you a ride and go to school together since it was rare that they didn't have morning practice.

As much as he wanted to practice by himself, he also didn't want to mess up the relationship you two have. It's his first, of course he was wary, even if it had been a long time since it started.

It was also then did he realize that he wore mismatched sock, the difference of the hues were too obvious that he actually stood out as he walked his way to the gate through the swarm of students with a flushed face, gaze averted towards the ground, some familiar faces greeting and teasing him, others laughing softly amongst themselves.

"Shouyo!"

He slightly jumped and stopped walking upon hearing a voice. He lifted his head to see you, smiling brightly at him and waving.

All the negative emotions perished inside him as he made his way towards you in excitement like a small puppy. Though this immediately dropped when he saw you seemingly walking with then saying good bye to a taller guy whom he failed to notice moments ago─it was Tsukishima, oddly without Yamaguchi by his side.

Somehow this left an unpleasant feeling in his stomach.

He brushed this off, thinking he's only hungry. Besides, you two were classmates. Nothing strange about that, right?

When the two of you parted, his smile returned on his lips as you approached him, immediately wrapping your arms around him. He ignored the shit-eating grin Tsukishima threw him as he circled an arm around your waist while the other held his bike in place.

"Shouyo! I heard from Tsukishima-san that you don't have any practice, that's great! You can rest yourself!" you said, breathing out in relief.

"Yeah, haha. Did you bump into Tsukishima on the way here?" he asked, though he himself was surprised. He never intended to ask that question but...

"Oh, no! Do you remember the project I mentioned to you before? Where I got paired with Tsukishima-san but he couldn't make it with me due to volleyball practice so he's making up to me now!" he somehow had an idea already about what the answer to his question was, but he still remained quiet, urging her to continue, "he went to my house early in the morning so he could help me out with it!"

"That's great, [YF/N]. You're no longer working alone on that!" he forced himself to grin, his grip around you tightening unconsciously when you unlatched yourself from him and dangle your arms on his shoulders, though you didn't mind his arm lingering longer around your waist.

"It's due tomorrow so we really have to finish it today," you sighed, resting your head on his shoulder for a moment before lifting your head up, "let's go park your bicycle, Shouyo!"