❝ all i want ❞ - K. SHINSUKE

WARNING: Spoilers for non-manga readers. Read at your own risk.

❝ all i want ❞ by alisa [carole & tuesday ost]

all i want is you now
but you're the only one that passes by

Enjoy reading!

---------------

It was never not frustrating when you're the smallest in the crowd, but it was more frustrating when you couldn't get a certain third year's attention no matter how hard you tried. You, a second year, will try your best no matter what.

You have confessed to him before and asked him to go out with you but he simply thanked you and rejected you as bluntly as he could, yet somehow this didn't break your heart, and instead made you work harder to get his attention. Just having your feelings acknowledged wasn't enough.

Your second attempt was when you baked him cookies and made him a good luck charm for their Inter High match. He accepted it, though the food went mostly to the Miya twins who said they'll take one bite and finished the whole bag up.

You became close to the Miya twins after this as Atsumu asked for you to bake for him and you, in return, asked a lot of things regarding Kita. It was a give and take friendship.

Your third attempt, you joined the cheering squad and specifically let your voice heard as you cheered him during the match whenever he was subbed in though he didn't glance your way.

You got a sore throat the next day.

Your fourth attempt, you bumped onto him on purpose after a match, though you accidentally created a huge impact, sending you on the ground while Kita was still standing tall. He had looked down at where you were and mumbled an apology. You expected for him to help you up but instead it was Aran who had held out a hand and helped you up.

Your fifth attempt, you waited until his practice was finished and asked to walk home with him but he literally jogged away, saying his grandmother needed his assistance immediately, leaving you behind. You walked with Aran that night, ranting about his team mate.

Your other attempts included: asking him to tutor you, eat with him during lunch, give him a love letter, and so on. Whichever you did, you were rejected. He declined when you wanted him to tutor you as he had volleyball practice, once you sat down on the table with him he had already finished his lunch, when you gave him the love letter, he returned it, saying that his feelings won't change despite your efforts.

It seems that throughout your whole chasing game with Kita, you became close to the rest of the team who offered you unconditional support. You were happy, but you weren't satisfied. You wanted Kita to look your way, not Atsumu, nor Osamu. Just Kita.

Today is your last attempt. Right before the team entered the building to play against Karasuno in the Spring Tournament, you stopped Kita, looking determined as ever.

"This is the last time. You'll be graduating soon, after all." You said, looking up at him who was literally towering over you and chuckled. "I don't want to have regrets."

"I would not be graduating immediately, though," He responded rather awkwardly.

You let out another chuckle before getting to the point. "I really, really like you, Kita-senpai. Please go out with me."

"You are really so persistent, [YL/N]." He said firmly, gaze staring intensely at you, though you didn't back down, "The answer will not change."

With that, he turned and went inside the building. Your lips graced a contented smile, quite proud of the result despite getting rejected for the umpteenth time. Taking a deep breath, you went inside the Sendai City Gymnasium. You silently prayed for good luck for the team to win so you could watch more of their matches. You cheered for every player this time.

You were ready to throw away your feelings for him.

But they lost...

You were more than surprised by everything that seemed to have gone fast forward. You blinked and suddenly, they lost. Karasuno won against them. You rubbed your eyes countless of times to get a clearer vision, hoping it was all a dream, but your sight simply became blurry of the tears building up in your eyes. You harshly wiped off the tears that threatened to roll down your cheeks as the team makes their way out, your schoolmates left you there as they made their way out whilst talking amongst themselves regarding the match.

You wondered what they must've felt, the agony, the sorrow. You wondered how he must've felt, you saw how he thanked his schoolmates, even telling his team that he wanted to brag about. You saw how pained he was when he met your gaze once you walked out.

But the twins were the first to approach you tearfully. You opened your arms for them, and they gladly dived in despite your smaller figure. You have them pats on their backs, whispering words of appreciation for their effort.

Soon, they went away to wash up, and he was still there, sitting on a stair. Smiling quite sadly towards you. You were conflicted—to comfort him or just walk away?

Before you knew it, you had approached him timidly.

"Uh, that was a good game, Kita-senpai..." You murmured awkwardly, "You were great out there."

"Thank you," he simply responded. Knowing there was nothing more to say, you turned your heels to leave but he took your wrist, stopping you from doing so, "Stay."

You complied.

Why did you have such a brittle heart?

The two of you were quiet. Your back facing him as he held your wrist.

"If we won..." he started, and you listened, "I told myself that I would accept your confession."

Wide-eyed, you turned to face him, "Wha—"

"I have been waiting for this moment for a long time and yet we lost." He sighed, "I have rejected you over and over again, but will you still accept me, even if I were from the losing team?"

"Of course, senpai," you finally opened your arms to him, and he was quick to wrap his arms around your waist, burying his face on your stomach, taking deep breaths as if forcing himself not to cry. You caressed his hair gently, "Even if you reject me again and again, I will always accept you."

The two of you stayed like that until he had calmed down, and your heart has, too.

"Ah, Shin-chan?" his grandmother made appearance, smiling at the two of you. Flustered, you tried to pull yourself off of him but he, instead, found his way to your hand and held it in his before latching from you, much to your surprise. He stood beside you, smiling at her.

"Granny, meet my admirer, I plan to court her to make up for the times I rejected her." He boldly said, the smile on his grandmother widened.

"So this is her. She is lovelier than I imagined." Your heart skipped a beat, realizing he was tell his grandmother about you.

"N-nice to meet you, m-ma'am..!" You bowed deeply and shyly, face growing warm as it was colored with a pinkish hue.

"Should I arrange the wedding, Shin-chan?"

"It's too early, granny. Soon, maybe."

NOTE: Hypnosis Mic x Reader one-shots are now available! ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و