❝ her ❞ pt. 2 - K. KENMA

❝ her ❞ by block b

i used to be emotionless like a rock
but now i'm a fool once again

Enjoy reading!

---------------

Kenma was beyond devastated at the conversation he was hearing during one of their short break in their volleyball practice. He wasn't interested at first, though he would often glance at them since they were talking about a girl who likes Kuroo and was planning to confess, but when Lev mentioned your full name, Kenma and Kuroo's faces were painted in surprise, though Kenma looked pained in his eyes but refused to show it on his face.

You, who were Kenma's constant lunch date and text mate, actually liked his best friend? Of course it hurt a lot, especially since he also liked you a lot for the past weeks you've been talking to each other, he was even sure that you also felt the same, but hearing that you liked Kuroo? Wow. He couldn't even figure out whether he should be angry at you or himself. Maybe he'd blame himself for being hopeful and assumed things.

"That can't be right, Lev. I'm pretty sure that you misheard," Kuroo then delivered a smack on the back of Lev's head, "And don't eavesdrop on other people's conversation!" He looked over to his friend who was absentmindedly staring at his water bottle, a troubled look on his face.

He gave Kenma a firm pat on the shoulder, making him break from his train of thought, "Don't believe what that idiot says." Kuroo said, but Kenma didn't give a response, simply sighing, it was obviously bothering him, but tried not to let it get to him. He'll just ask you once he gets home. For now, he'll focus on practice.

His and Kuroo's way home was more quiet than usual.

Kenma wasn't upset with Kuroo. No, his friend was innocent, he didn't do anything wrong, but it didn't mean that Kenma was comfortable being with Kuroo with the fact that you liked his friend and not him. It affected him greatly.

Kuroo was understanding, of course. He knew that it was troubling him so he tried to stay out of his way. He saw how uneasy Kenma became and couldn't even look over his way though they were beside each other on the train, and he understood this.

The two parted with a dull good night as they entered their respective houses. Kenma immediately ran to his bedroom, ignoring his parents' calls and fished out his phone to text you.

You
Hey, I just got home.
Can I ask you something?
20:07

He was about to let go of his phone to change out of his uniform when you were quick to send out a reply.

[YF/N]
Hi, senpai! Have you had dinner?
And what is it you want to ask? ‎(*´д`*)
20:07

Kenma hesitated. He was scared that what Lev said was true. He was scared to confirm it himself, to know the answer firsthand from you. But he was also scared of not knowing the truth, and so, he tapped away.

You
Do you like Kuroo?
20:07

[YF/N]
EH???
20:07

[YF/N]
THAT'S SO RANDOM SENPAI
20:08

[YF/N]
.....Guess I'm busted, huh?
20:08